Chapter Six: Boys are a pain in the arse

Hermione's POV: I noticed I was the first one there, sighing I sat down and took out a book. Suddenly I heard footsteps and when I looked up I saw a smirking Dean looking back at me. He slid into the seat next to me.
"So apparently your going to the party with Neville I thought he was taking Luna." I rolled my eyes at him.
"Of course not I'm not going with Neville I just didn't want to go with Seamus I mean he's nice and all but I just don't want to go to the party with..." I trailed off unsure of how to finish my sentence.
"Someone who will just want to snog you all night long. Yeah there's really not someone I actually want to take to the party you know. We should go together as friends." I looked at him closely then nodded.
"That would be great as long as you don't try any funny business." He laughed and shook his head.
"Trust me I value myself to much to try something like that who knows what you'll hex me with." He took out his book too and slowly the class started filling up. Harry Ron and Ginny finally arrived.
"Bloody hell Hermione what was all that with Neville and Seamus." Ron asked. Ginny nodded and sat right next to me Harry sat besides her and Ron behind me.

I was about to answer when Professor Flitwick came in. He gave us a lesson on glamour charms which helped you change your appearance. We practiced and I managed to make my hair blonde, Ron made his eyes green, Ginny made herself shorter and Harry said the spell wrong and got bigger ears and blue hair. After we helped him go back to normal the class ended and we headed to DADA. Nott, Parkinson, Zabini and Malfoy caught up to us apparently we had that class together. Nott stood right next to me.
"So uh Hermione I was wondering are you going to the party." I forced a smile even though I felt like hexing him for bringing that up.
"Yeah of course are you going."

He grinned and nodded.
"Oh that's nice who are you going with." Blaise snorted and Malfoy and Parkinson sniggered. I gave them a questioning stare so did Ron, Ginny and Harry.
"Actually I was hoping you'd go with me I mean if you want to that is." I stopped dead in my tracks blushing furiously.
"She can't sorry she's already going with me." I looked behind me and saw Dean coming towards us.
"Yes I'm going with Dean I'm sorry Nott maybe next time." I said giving him an awkward smile.
"Hell no you promised you'd go with me next time." Seamus said looking at me.
"Oh goddammit give the girl a break she can go with whoever the heck she wants." Said Ginny giving every single guy present a glare then dragged me off.
"Gosh Hermione you really need a boyfriend it'll keep all these guys away just saying but it would make your life easier." I agreed with her not that I would let her know that but still ugh boys are such a pain in the arse. We arrived and sat down in the front row.I looked up at the teachers desk and gasped. There sitting on the teachers desk was none other than Katie Bell.
"Katie your the new teacher. That's amazing." Ginny looked up and her eyes widened. She quickly went and started chatting with her. Everyone else arrived and were as shocked as me and Ginny when they saw Katie.

Class started and she introduced herself not that it was needed but she still did it. She taught us how to cast a disillusionment charm. It made you blend in with your surroundings. After class me and Malfoy were the only ones that had no homework.