Chapter One

A/N just btw I don't like saying y/n so your name is Cora Davids and the images before the story are just the setting to help you imagine what it looks like 

I walked into my local Starbucks juggling folders from my previous classes. My mom always used to scold me for drinking coffee, but it was the only thing that got me through a day of college. I actually haven't spoken to my mom in ages, I was never really close to any of my family or friends back in Louisiana. I always planned to move out to Texas for a fresh start and if I wanted to go back to Louisiana for whatever reason, that it wasn't too far away. I walked up to the counter and saw my friend Sam from college who works here.

"Hey bitch," She said

" Always nice to see you Sammy" I giggled. Sam was extroverted and really fucking funny.

"The usual?" She asked with a sly smile

"The usual" I replied and pulled up my credit card thing on my phone.

A/N I'm not exactly sure what it's called but you know how you've got your cards on your phone and you can scan it and stuff? Whatever back to the story

I scanned my phone onto the machine and It approved the transaction with a happy beep.

"You know the drill," Sammy said and waved me off to the waiting area.

It was a good few minutes before a green-haired stranger called out

"Iced coffee for the 'hottest bitch alive'?" He said unsurely

"Fucking Samantha Jeannette Williams " I mumbled and trudged over to the counter drowning in embarrassment.

He looked at me and chuckled.

"Sorry it wasn't me it was Sam she took my order," I said trying to explain the awkward situation

"Well it's not like you don't live up to the title" he commented obviously making a move. On any other given day, I would've given him a lecture on how I didn't want to make out with him and stop being such a thirsty prick but I just didn't have time for this shit so instead, I just laughed along with him and grabbed my coffee.

Sammy swung around the corner " Damiar meet the hottest bitch alive, the one, the only, Miss Cora" she announced.

I shot her a look that could cut through steel.

"Sorry boundaries I know" she whined. Damiar laughed amidst the awkwardness. Something about his laugh just made me uncomfortable, the way he held eye contact, the way he maintained perfect posture, the way he held his eyes open. It was just creepy, I need to get out of here ASAP.

"Well it'll be getting dark soon so I better head off but I'll call you tonight Sammy, bye," I said and hurried off to the exit.

"Bye Miss Cora" Damiar sang out, only making me want to walk off into my car faster.