Chapter Nine

A/N: Guys I'm so sorry! I usually write on google documents and copy and then transfer it to Wattpad since Docs is an easier format. I use Grammarly to edit my writing and my Grammarly wasn't on! There are so many words that have been misplaced e.g. earned were changed to earth! The last chapter probably made no sense, but I'm still going to leave it up. Once again really sorry!

I woke up in an empty bed, it looked like Damiar had already gotten up

I woke up in an empty bed, it looked like Damiar had already gotten up. I was slowly getting used to the routine. I sat up and stretched my arms, breathing in the crisp morning air. I checked the alarm clock next to me, 6:30 AM. It was kind of early, then again Damiar said we are doing something today. I got up and decided I'd get dressed once I figured out what we were actually doing, so I wouldn't be wearing heels to a hike or something like that. I slowly clambered out of bed and walked downstairs.

Damiar was sitting on the couch watching TV

Damiar was sitting on the couch watching TV. He turned around, a little surprised to see me. "You're up early," He said
"Mhm," I said, taking a seat next to him "Wheres Aviva and Golden," I asked
"They went home after you went to bed," He said, now looking out the window. His tone now changed from chirpy to distant. "Why?" I asked
"They got in a fight," He said
"What's new" I mumbled
"Cora, it got kind of messy I'm glad you were asleep," He said
"What happened?" I asked
"Golden was high and said some things he shouldn't have." He said
"Like what?" I asked
"Like 'Aviva was a gold-digging bitch and was just trying to sleep with me'" He said rolling his eyes. "Did he dump her?" I asked
"Yeah," He said.
"Whose side are you on?" I asked
"I don't know, golden is one of my best friends but Aviva is your only friend. I'm just trying to keep it neutral, like Sweden. We are Sweden." He said. I just nodded, unsure if I should comment anything. I didn't want to upset him any further.
"Can we take that bath now?" Damiar said. I rolled my eyes
"Seriously it's like what 7 AM, can you be a normal functioning human until 8PM" I said. Damiar laughed a bit, but I was serious it's just getting  annoying at this point.
"So do you want to save it until marriage?" He asked
"I don't know, but I want it to be special," I said. Damier just nodded, respecting my decision. "So I'm going to take it, we're not going out today?" I said.
"No I think we should hang out, get used to being engaged. I feel like you don't really acknowledge that you are my fiancé," He said looking over at me. Shit.
"Damiar of course I know we're engaged but it isn't really" I stopped myself.
"I know Baby. I know you still miss your old life but isn't this perfect? Me and you and and anything you could ever want?" He said. I didn't want to admit this, but he's right it's not perfect or anything but I really do like Damiar and I think once we get over the whole trust issues thing, I could stop thinking of him as my kidnapper and instead as my soon to be husband.
"Baby do you love me?"Damiar asked, completely catching me off guard
"What?" I mustn't of heard him right
"Do you love me?" He repeated, shit do I?
"Baby tell me what your thinking" he pleaded
"Damiar, I think I do, but you are stil my kidnapper and I don't know what it's going to take for me to get over that. But I want to love you, I just wish it wasn't like this" I said.
He nodded and looked at the floor "I'm sorry Cora" He said. Is he going to let me go?
"Okay, I'm going to try to give you as much freedom as possible, but still I don't know if you're even telling the truth," He said. I nodded in response, the thing that was scaring me is that I was telling the truth. "Okay let's start our married couple practice" I said, hopping up from the couch. "Let's get dressed first." Damiar said walking with me upstairs and into the closet.