Chapter: 6

Josh came straight in while I was still trying to pick an outfit. I was wrapped in a towel with my undergarments on looking through my wardrobe. He knocked on my bedroom door before entering. I looked from inside my closet. "Is it time yet?" I asked. "No. I came early." He said. "I have no clue what to wear." I said. He looked at what I had on.

"Definitely can't go in that." He said. Then hip checked me out of the way. He pulled some jeans down throwing them on the bed before going to my dresser. He pulled a shirt out then went back to the closet and grabbed some shoes. "It's not a fancy dinner Gen. Light makeup. Messy bun will work for a hair style. I'll be outside your door." He said before leaving my room.

I looked over the clothes before changing. I pulled my hair up in a messy bun once I was dressed before the light makeup and my shoes. I exited my room letting Josh see the outfit. "Looks good." He said. "Ready?" He asked. I nodded. He walked out the door with me. We walked through the garden up to the back doors. He led the way through the building and to a hallway.

He punched in a code before we went through. "It's not quite ready yet, but we are all sitting around waiting." Josh said. I didn't say anything. I could tell he had a worried look on his face. He opened the doors. At least six were at the table. I noticed Christian, David and Philip out of them. "Would you like to meet them." Josh asked. I nodded.

It was still a little too much for me. The one I was fencing with Monday stood and came over to us. He didn't say anything just standing next to Josh. Adrian and Jacob came in together. "Nice to see you here tonight Gen." Adrian said. I smiled. Alex came in. He hugged me.

"Dinner should be ready shortly." Alex said. Alex took my free hand. He leaned in. "Maverick is the one next to Josh. I'm sure you have met him just didn't know his name." He said. I nodded. He moved along. Staying in place. "That's Louis closest to us and William next to him." He said. I hope I can keep names straight. "Henry must be cooking still." Alex said. "He is." Maverick said. Once Louis and William noticed me they came over to say hi.

It was mostly small talk and how today went. Christian came up behind me. "I would love to see the drawings you did today." He said. "Maybe in the future." I said. "Next time you should bring your sketchbook so we can compare." He said. I gave a small smile. "Maybe." I said. The door on the other side of the room opened. Three servers and who I assumed was Henry came in.

Luckily the table sat twelve people. Alex had me sitting between him and Maverick. The other nine were conversing with each other and Maverick. William asked me what I liked to do. "There's too much to name off the top of my head." I said. "Name some things." Henry said. "If it's raining, I like to curl up with a book or watch a movie with a mountain of blankets and pillows. If not, then you can find me outside doing anything. I especially love going to the falls in the pasture where the mares and their foals are kept." I said.

"What is your daily schedule like?" Louis asked. "I wake up early, jog if I feel like it. Then go to the stables to walk or ride Jac. Do some sketches, Monday's I help my brother and sharpen my swordsman skills. Tuesday is archery. Wednesday I spend it all at the stables helping Adam. Thursday if it's warm enough I go swim in the falls. Friday is my lazy day.

"I do whatever I can that even means baking box cakes, brownies, pies, or even cookies from scratch. I always have a sketchbook and pencil with me when I'm outside too." I said. They all were silent. Several had impressed looks. Maverick was the only one that didn't. After dinner, Adrian and Henry walked with me to my apartment.

"I do have a little produce garden that the head chef here always wants to get in." Henry said. "I'm sure." I said. "Maybe one of these days, I can let you in and help me cook." He said. I nodded. "Sounds wonderful." I said. He smiled. Even in the evening glow they looked magnificent.

Maybe it could work out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Once Adrian and Henry got back everyone had retreated to the bedroom. "Was anyone else trying to hide it?" William asked. "I'm sure all except Mav there." Philip said. Maverick shook his head. "I just don't agree to her." He said. "You just don't want a female taking more of Alex's attention." David said. "You caught me." Maverick said.

"If you've noticed she wants to spend time with us too." Chris said. They all nodded except Maverick. "I'm not on board yet." He said. Alex was watching them from the wall. He finally spoke out. "I've had suspicions. All it took was Josh getting a hair ball from her brush to confirm it. I have to marry her now. She's the lost Duchess of Marcos until her brother gets married unless he wants to give someone else the title." Alex said.

"What are you talking about?" David asked. "You don't remember the headlines almost fifteen years ago do you?" William asked. That sparked all interest. "I was betrothed to the Duke and Duchess' daughter. Then there was a car crash one day as they were heading to their home. The Duke and Duchess did not survive. They couldn't find their children. Even searching within a five mile radius. They somehow escaped and half believed they were dead and the other half believed they were alive. I was even hoping she was alive.

"It was confirmed during dinner that she is the Duke and Duchess' daughter. I'll have to break the news to her. If she already likes you guys, then we may still be able to be together. I'll have to propose properly to her, and we'd have to pull out a wedding with both sides of the family within a month." Alex explained.

"I'll help." Henry said. "Same." All agreed to help. "Maybe I'll grow to love her." Maverick said. He was the only one questioning it.