Chapter: 7

I sat in the grass on a warm day. The wind blowing around me. Someone sat down next to me. I looked over. Alex was next to me. "Can I talk to you?" He asked. "Sure." I said. He moved closer. I was doing more of a random sketch today. "Thinking of going swimming?" He asked. "Yeah." I said.

"Um. What I was wanting to talk about was when you had to start living with Adam and his wife." He said. "It was when my parents got into a car crash. Adam and his wife originally worked for my parents and took legal guardianship of my brother and I when they didn't make it." I said.

"So family was left out of the will." He said. I nodded. "My brother and I got everything. Adam and his wife raised us like normal children. It was a normal life for us. Both of us worked in the stables here with Adam until my brother turned eighteen when he was able to apply for the royal guard. I stayed low and helped Adam in the stables this whole time." I said.

"Would it be hard to explain that your parents were the Duke and Duchess of Marcos?" He asked. "No. My brother told me who our parents were when I was old enough to understand." I said. "Did he tell you about a betrothal?" He asked. I shook my head.

"Then it's going to sound weirder." He said. "Let me guess, I'm betrothed to you. You wanted to be sure I was the same one as the Duke and Duchess' daughter." I said. "I did talk to the guys about it. They're willing to help to make it happen." He said. "I hate rushing things though." I said. "I do too. I hate rushing you." He said.

I nodded. "I will say, Henry is cooking the whole meal along with the cake." He said. I smiled. "Just say when. It would have to be before I turn twenty five." He said. I nodded. "As much as I want everything slow I want you to be able to keep them. I can tell you love and adore them." I said.

I moved closer and hugged him. "If we are betrothed then I'm willing to do it." I said. He pulled me even closer. "I do want to talk to my brother first." I said. "I'll let you. If he knew about the betrothal and refused to tell you for a reason then I would understand the reason." He said. I nodded.

I packed everything I had up. "I'll talk to him tonight. I would say come and find me tomorrow but I don't know where I'll be." I said. He smiled. "I'm sure I've got my ways of finding you." He said. I smiled. "I do ask one thing." He said. "One month till the wedding, I'm asking that you move into the palace with us. I'm sure the guys won't mind if you take up a bed in their room." He said. I nodded. "I'll think about it." I said. He nodded.

We went our separate ways. The sun was starting to set as I climbed over the fence going to the apartments. My brother was already there. He was making sandwiches before he left for his shift. "How was last night?" He asked. "Went well." I said. "Any particular happen?" He asked. "Alexander talked to me today about a betrothal." I said. He sighed.

"Did you know?" I asked. "Our parents left us a letter. Adam gave it to me when I was sixteen. It mentioned something about it. I didn't want you upset when you turned eighteen and found out about it." He said. "I'm not mad about it. You know he's on a time crunch now." I said. "I know. I just don't want you involved in what he's got going on in his harem's room." He said.

"Daniel. You know Josh. You know how he is. He gets protective of me if something starts going south. I saw last night that he was so tense at first that I wanted to leave as soon as we entered. Then after he saw how I interacted with the other nine, he eased up and I saw my best friend open up. I never got to see that side and I loved seeing that side." I said.

"Does Alexander see it the same way?" He asked. "Yeah. Yes he does." I said. "All I'm saying is be careful." He said. I nodded. "Have fun tonight." I said. "Will try." He said. After he left I got a shower and grabbed a butt load of blankets and pillows. There was a knock at my door. I wrapped a blanket around my body and answered the door. "Movie night?" Josh asked.

"Yeah." I answered. "Mind if a few join?" He asked. I shook my head. I backed up and let him in. Following him was four others. I retreated back into the house and picked out a movie. I popped it in and went and found a seat. It was going to be in the floor except one of them picked me up putting me on his lap.

After each movie, each took turns putting a movie in and moving me around laps. I finally fell asleep about the third movie.