Chapter: 9

It did not take long for word to get around the kingdom that I was the lost daughter of the Duke and Duchess of Marcos. Alex even had to make a special announcement on tv stating that none of the reporters will be allowed on palace grounds until everything was settled after the wedding.

Questions about the betrothal came up like crazy. I luckily stayed away from all that and mostly to myself unless one of the nine came around. Yeah only nine of them truly want me. It will take a bit of convincing to try and get Maverick on their side, taking my side.

It's Monday. Fencing and sword play. Maverick was there early stretching and warming up. I did the same. Then in walked my brother and Alexander. I stood up. As did Maverick. No way was I going to be disrespectful even though I'm already going to marry him.

"I would love to watch today." Alex said to Daniel. "Watch it." Maverick said quietly to me. Josh entered. It was Daniel and I first. I got the sword out of his hand and had it in my free hand holding it on him. "Did you forget?" I asked him. "Nope. You forgot though." He said before trying to get it back. I put a tighter hold on it with him in a corner. In a more deadly hold with two blades.

"You win." He said before surrendering. I backed up and put his sword in the foam plate near the ring. "Who's next?" Daniel asked as he stood. "Ooh! Me!" Josh said. He and I went at it longer than Daniel and I. He got the sword from me and almost won. I elbowed him and got his from him. Then we were at it again.

I will be honest, I am brutal. Another blade landed on mine. I countered it and spun to deflect it. Both Josh and Maverick were on the upper hand. I was able to get the sword from Josh and almost defeated Maverick when he got one out of my hand throwing it far away from us.

He got the other from me and me in a similar position. "Give up?" He asked. Every move I made he was right there deflecting and keeping me in place. He crouched down with the swords still in place. "I wouldn't forget that I win after one round. I'm an observer to learn. Watch it." He said before getting up and putting both back.

I stood up watching as he walked out. "I have never seen that from him. Not since he and I met." Josh said.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Do not say a word Josh." Maverick said. "You loved it though." Josh said. They were the only ones in the bedroom. "I still don't think it's a good idea." Maverick said. "Alex has to marry her before his twenty fifth birthday. Otherwise we, as in all ten of us will be kicked off the palace grounds and he can't talk to us again." Josh said.

"I'll agree to it for now." Maverick said. "And what are you going to do when she has to move in with us?" Josh asked. "Avoid best I can." Maverick answered. "She moves in a month before the wedding." Josh said. Maverick rubbed his face hard. "I f*cking hate this." Maverick stated.

"We do have to get along with each other and her. She is so much of a tomboy, all of us should be able to get along with her." Josh told him as he went to the bathroom and turned a shower on. Maverick stood at the doorway as Josh stripped to nothing. "We can't really do that either with her here." Maverick said.

"Might as well do it while we can." Josh told him as he stepped into the shower. Maverick took his shirt off before walking over to the shower. He stripped the rest of his clothes off and joined Josh. He kissed Josh's cheek down to his neck and collarbone. His hands went down to his groin.

His lover groaned as the hands worked him over. Right before he could cum, the one creating the tension slowly entered from behind. "It could stay like this forever." Maverick said. "I know. I know it could, but we would lose everything if she was out of the picture." Josh said.