IN YOUR EYES

My alarm went off and I swear I almost starting crying. I rolled onto the side facing Spencer and let out a long, sad sigh. Despite the blaring alarm he was still dead sleep, his eyes shut tight and his chest slowly moving up and down as he breathed silently. I smiled slightly, watching him sleep was nice. Creepy, but nice.

I carefully crawled out of bed, making sure not to wake him as I grabbed his phone and shut off the alarm. I stretched my body, reaching to the ceiling as I yawned louder than I expected. I covered my mouth and glanced over at Spencer who was, thankfully, still sleeping. I wiggled my shoulders back and forth, trying to get out all the kinks as I walked to my closet and grabbed some clothes.

While I liked sharing the bed, my body did not. I could feel the various kinks in my body as I walked to the bathroom. I pressed my hand to my lower back and groaned as I closed the bathroom door behind me. "Fucking hell..." I mumbled to myself as I got undressed and hopped in the shower. The hot water felt good against my body, like a liquid heating pad. My muscles loosened themselves and while I usually gave myself quite a bit of time to get ready in the morning, I ended up using most of that time up in the shower.

Once done, I got dressed in a plain tee and a pair of jeans and threw my hair back. I quickly brushed my teeth and put some moisturizer on before running into the kitchen to make a quick pot of coffee. While it brewed, I grabbed a pen and some paper out of the drawer and wrote Spencer a quick note:

Off to work. Didn't want to wake you. Feel free to make yourself breakfast. If you leave don't bother locking the door. Have a good day! :)

I ran the note to the bedroom and quietly put it on top of his phone before hurrying to the kitchen to pour myself a drink. I put some in a travel mug and topped it up with Baileys before screwing on the lid. After that, I gathered my bag and phone which I guess I'd left in the living room and ran out the door. I pulled my phone out of my bag to check the time. I had just enough to get to work.

The car ride there, like every other one was uneventful. I blasted my music and resisted the urge to drink my coffee until I got to work, all the while trying to avoid the morning traffic as best as I could.

I got to work five minutes early. I grabbed my stuff and headed to my office, while practically chugging my drink. I waved to a couple of the brewers on my way in, smiling awkwardly. Once inside my office I let out a yawn and threw my stuff on my desk and sat down, ready to do some more paperwork. Before I could get settled though, a set of knuckled rapped against the door, followed by a pair of people entering. It was Rich and someone I didn't recognize. He looked to be a bit younger than Rich, maybe mid forties or so. His hair was dark and slightly greying in some spots, but not in an unattractive way. His skin was smooth with only a couple of wrinkles near his eyes and relatively tan, like he'd just come back from vacation. He had a thick salt and pepper beard that grew well past his chin and a well groomed moustache to match.

"Lor, hey, sorry to barge in." Rich smiled warmly as he closed the door behind him. "Got a couple of minutes?"

I stood up from my chair, nodding. I glanced between Rich and the other guy, forcing a small, welcoming smile, even though I was still really tired and sore from last night. I could feel my lower bag pinching itself. "Of course."

He laughed to and motioned me to sit down. "Relax, Lor, this is my friend Duncan."

"O-oh!" I reached out my hand and he grasped it. It was rough, like I'd imagined a hardworking man's hand to feel. "Nice to meet you." We smiled at each other and sat down, while Rich stood between us.

"Duncan, this is Lor, my right hand woman," he said happily, "and Lor, you already know that Duncan is our fabulous new investor."

Duncan gave Rich a look of surprise. "You're going to introduce me like that?" He had a thick, Aussie accent, which I definitely didn't expect. "Jesus, that's downright rude."