CHAPTER THREE | ♕

[𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄 : 𝐖𝐈𝐍𝐄 𝐂𝐄𝐋𝐋𝐀𝐑]

"  𝐘𝐎𝐔𝐑 𝐌𝐀𝐉𝐄𝐒𝐓𝐘, 𝐇𝐎𝐖 𝐀𝐑𝐄
𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐒 𝐅𝐈𝐍𝐄 𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆?  "

"  𝐘𝐎𝐔𝐑 𝐌𝐀𝐉𝐄𝐒𝐓𝐘, 𝐇𝐎𝐖 𝐀𝐑𝐄𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐒 𝐅𝐈𝐍𝐄 𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆?  "

✯✯✯

𝐌𝐄𝐈 𝐖𝐀𝐒𝐍'𝐓 𝐒𝐔𝐏𝐑𝐈𝐒𝐄𝐃 to see her father wasn't home yet from work. He never was. The only time she saw home nowadays was the quiet 30 minutes at breakfast and before she went to bed. What she was surprised to find is her older sister sitting on the couch back from college.

"What are you doing here?" Mei asked, one hand on her hip. Liena stood up and came to give her sister a hug.

(Liena is a Chinese name meaning lotus flower and is pronounced lah-nah.)

"There was a chemical explosion on campus, so they sent everyone home until they can clean it up." Liena shrugged making Meili very suspicious.

"Okay," She pried herself away from her sister's arms, "I'm going to go get ready."

"Get ready? For what? It's 5 pm."

"A party. What else?" Mei began walking up the large staircase to her room, but she heard Liena follow.

"A party? But it's a school night."

"So what?"

"Shouldn't you be studying? Does bà know you're going?" Liena grabbed Meili's arm, stopping her. Meili looked down and glared at her sister, pulling her arm away. (father)

"No, and you're not going to tell him." Meili quickly ran upstairs, and Liena sunk down to sit on the steps.

She wondered when her younger sister became such a handful. She know their father was away at work for most of the day leaving Meili free to do whatever she wanted with no authority. She was used to taking care of herself and being her own parent. Liena wondered if she should've been around more to take care of her sister. Then again their father's expectations were for her to get her PhD so she didn't have time to be around anyways.

Meanwhile, Meili has changed from her day clothes to a black off the shoulder dress with puffy lace sleeves and a corset top. She paired it with diamond earrings, a matching necklace, and black Louis Vuitton heels. She was going to turn heads that night.

As she brushed her dark brown hair, she caught something in mirror at her door. Ezra was leaning against the frame, smirking at her.

"Your majesty, how are you this fine evening?" He walked in, and she saw he was throwing his ring in the air and catching it.

"Fine until you arrived." She answered as she set down her hairbrush.

"Hope you don't mind, but I brought a friend to enjoy some pre-party booze." He collapsed back onto her large bed, and she looked to see his friend from the pool at the door also.

He wore a colorful silk button up which was unbuttoned some exposing his chest. It was tucked into a pair of black ripped jeans and he wore chains around his neck. Metal rings adorned his fingers. Her eyes flicked back up to his hazel ones which watched her intently.

Mei eyed him carefully before turning back to Ezra.

"It's in the cellar in the basement. We don't have beer." She frowned at him, crossing her arms.

"That'll do, Queenie." He jumped up from the bed and began walking out the door.

"You can't go without me. There's a keypad on the door." Mei trailed after him. His friend followed also, his fingers brushing Mei's as they walked. She wondered what he was up too.

"I still don't know your name." She whispered to him as they walked down the basement stairs, "And I don't trust you." She looked around her expensive house and made sure nothing was missing. It wouldn't be the first time Ezra and one of his friends stole something.

"Sebastian Kingsley." He leaned close to her and whispered in her ear sending shivers down Meili's spine. Now she knew he was definitely up to something.

Once they reached the cellar Meili covered it and typed in the password. The door clicked, and she opened it, moving to grab their least expensive wine bottle which was still about 100 dollars.

"Wow, you brought out the good stuff." Ezra snatched it from her, and she raised her eyebrows.

"This is nothing, Ez, you underestimate how rich I really am." She scoffed, crossing her arms.

"Don't you want any?" Ezra raised an eyebrow as he looked around for something to open it. Meili shook her head.

"I don't like to drink a lot. I'm sure I'll find plenty at the party already." She said. Ezra just shrugged as if to say 'oh well'.

"What's your name?" Sebastian asked Mei quietly as they watched Ezra fumble with a wine opener. She chuckled softly to herself.

"Meili Chen." She turned toward him.

He looked at her closely, and for some reason she really wished then were alone then. He looked at her as if he wanted more, but unfortunately he wasn't my going to get it. Mei wasn't going to let herself be that easy, and also... they were definitely not alone.

"Here friends." Ezra handed them each a wine glass halfway full, and she set it down on the counter beside her.

"I'm not drinking that, Ezra."

"Oh well, more for me." He winked then took it happily from her, "Anyways, we have to get going. Mostly because your flirting is annoying me."

"I wasn't flirting with him."

"Okay, yeah sure, but you're both pretty quiet people so you flirt nonverbally."

"How the hell do you flirt 'nonverbally'?" Mei gave him a look.

"Because you look at each like you want to fuck, obviously-"

"I'm so out of here! Let's go." Meili cut him off and began walking back up the stairs. Ezra gave a sly glance toward Sebastian who rolled his eyes at him.

"Too far, dude."