CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO | ♕

[𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐓𝐖𝐎 : 𝐃𝐄𝐄𝐏 𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐒𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍𝐒]

"  𝐒𝐎𝐌𝐄𝐓𝐈𝐌𝐄𝐒, 𝐈 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐊 𝐌𝐘 𝐌𝐎𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑'𝐒 𝐃𝐄𝐀𝐓𝐇 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐌𝐘 𝐅𝐀𝐔𝐋𝐓.  "

✯✯✯

✯✯✯

"𝐃𝐎𝐍'𝐓 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐃𝐀𝐑𝐄 𝐖𝐀𝐋𝐊 𝐀𝐖𝐀𝐘 𝐅𝐑𝐎𝐌 𝐌𝐄 𝐒𝐄𝐁𝐀𝐒𝐓𝐈𝐀𝐍." Mei followed him out of the room and into the hall.

"What."

"Why are you in America!" She grabbed his arm to turn him toward her.

"Forget I said anything, Meili-"

"But why." She cried, "Do you know why I'm here? Because being in our home was too hard. Being in that house was too hard. I couldn't leave my room. I could barely breathe." Hot tears streamed down her face as the memories came flooding back, "Whatever you've been through, I can understand, Sebastian, I was alone too. I couldn't talk to someone without breaking down. I became so sick of crying I decided to feel nothing anymore because it became too hard." She stepped closer to him.

"I have nightmares still from that night. I wake up screaming because I think my wrists have been slit open. I have memories that aren't mine of blood dripping from my wrists, and when the incident first happened I saw blood everywhere whenever I went into the kitchen." She told him her story and he could tell she wanted to see the pity in his eyes, but they were cold and unyielding with no emotion.

"Please," She reaches forward and grabbed his hands, "Please trust me, Sebastian, I'm selfish and self centered and a spoiled rich girl, but like you said before, right? People like us stick together because we're the only ones who understand each other." She held his hands tighter, "We haven't known each other for long, but I think... you should tell me. You know I'd find out sooner or later."

He watched her closely. His eyes traveled over her pale complexion, her brown hair, her sad eyes, and down to her red lips which spoke words he didn't comprehend.

He stepped closer to her, closing the gap between them, and slipped an arm around her waist. Then he quickly looked down the hall and pulled her back into his room.

"Shut up," He murmured, "Shut up for one second." He wanted to trust her so badly, but he knew what people could do with secrets. She stayed quiet as he quickly closed and locked the door then pulled her over to his bed.

"I'm only going to tell you once so listen carefully," He eyes searched hers for any warning signs, "I don't know if you knew this, but obviously I'm from Spain. My father is a Marquis and an my mother an well known aristocrat. Last year she held a charity banquet at our house and one of the other noble ladies pushed me into a room..." He trailed off looking away from her. Mei set a hand on his shoulder.