CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE | ♕

[𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄 : 𝐓𝐄𝐍𝐒𝐈𝐎𝐍 𝐈𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐀𝐈𝐑]

"  𝐖𝐄𝐋𝐋, 𝐋𝐄𝐓 𝐌𝐄 𝐁𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐊 𝐈𝐓 𝐓𝐎 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐅𝐈𝐑𝐒𝐓. 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐆𝐈𝐑𝐋'𝐒 𝐀 𝐁𝐀𝐂𝐊𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐁𝐁𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐁𝐈𝐓𝐂𝐇.  "

✯✯✯

✯✯✯

𝐄𝐋𝐋𝐀 𝐇𝐎𝐏𝐄𝐃 𝐌𝐄𝐈𝐋𝐈 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐄. No, she wanted Meili to be there. That way she could ask to her face why she felt the need to ruin Ella's life. Ella always knew she was never Mei's favorite, but this... this was a stab to the gut. An act of betrayal.

The only reason Ella could come up with to why Meili did it was because she was bored. Maybe she just wanted something to do and screwing Ella over was the perfect game to play.

But when they got to the country club, they were missing a few people... and everyone noticed.

"Where is everyone?" Camila swing her tennis racket around in her hand. She and Ella were dressed in polos and matching skirts, ready for a match. They boys all sat at a table, missing Hudson, and the girls stood by them, missing two.

"Meili probably hiding out at her house, not wanting to face me." Ella rolled her eyes, "Did everyone see that page made about me? It was updated."

"Mei didn't do it." Sebastian narrowed his eyes at her, and she gave him a look.

"You're only saying that because you two have a thing going. Well, let me break it to you first. The girl's a backstabbing bitch."

"Hey!" Ezra cut in, "Why jump to conclusions? I don't think Mei would do something like this."

"And you're only saying that because your her lackey. You'd do anything for her."

"So? I'm proud of it. I'm loyal. Unlike how you're being right now, Ella." Ezra argued back, "Who even said Mei did it. Someone else could have just put her name on it just to frame her." Ella glared at him.

"Can we not fight?" Camila sighed, "Listen, I brought Vic here to hang out not to show her all we are is drama." Everyone turned toward the blonde in the sundress and summer straw hat.

"I'm Victoria Petrov..." She looked around at everyone staring at her, "I-I'm sure you've all probably already talked about me." She added awkwardly.

"It's fine, Vic." Camila turned back to everyone, "Don't be rude." She frowned making everyone introduce themselves.

"Where is Bethany anyways?" Ezra asked, "And Hudson?"

"Hudson's visiting his grandparents in the Hamptons." Camila replied, but for some reason Ezra wasn't buying it.

"Are you sure he didn't just tell you that?" He suggested. Camila's jaw dropped.

"You have no right to say that to me-"

"What about Meili, huh boys? She spends so much time with you, so where is she?" Ella cut Camila off.

"She didn't want to come." Sebastian was looking at her, but not in a friendly way, "And I can see why." He added.

"Where's Bethany then?" Ezra looked from Theo to Ella. The air between them all was so tense that one slip up and they would be chaos.

"Homework." Theo and Ella said at the same time. Ezra bursted out laughing.

"And you believe her, but not Meili." Ezra scoffed, "Unbelievable Ella."

"What-"

"After everything she did for you... do you really think she would do something like this? You wouldn't even be friends with any of us if not for Mei. You would have no friends. Just like four years ago." He stood up from his seat.

"Watch your mouth." Theo stood up after him, a glare shooting straight at his friend.

"Or what? You'll hit me?" Ezra laughed slightly, "Let's go, Sebastian, we're obviously not welcomed here."

"Wait, don't go." Camila frowned, but the two boys just got up and walked away. Now it was Camila's turn to get upset.

"He was so out of line-"

"Really? Ella?" Camila took a few steps away from her friend. They group had caused sort of a scene and the people around them were looking, "I'm so sorry everyone acting ridiculous, Vic."

"It's alright. I deal with more drama on a daily basis than you know." Victoria replied, sitting down on one of the pool chairs. While she wasn't really included in the conversation it was safe to say she wasn't bored.

"And you," She turned to Ella, "Keep an open mind. We're not sure Meili was the one who did it. Ezra has a right to be upset with you right now." Ella sighed, knowing she was right.

"Fine. Whatever." She walked down the steps to the tennis courts, "Ready to play a game?"

The two girls went down to play a match. Victoria sat and watched, but couldn't help but look over at Theo who was sitting quietly at the table beside her.

"You've been very quiet this whole time." She smirked slightly. When she first moved to New York she had no idea all these boys were going to be this attractive. She was very interested.

"Yeah, well, I don't want to get involved." He shrugged, "I have enough drama going on in my own life."

"I heard..." She trailed off, "Actually, the whole school heard. It was pretty surprising this sort of thing happened on my first day of school."

"I guess it's pretty rare, huh." He glanced over at her, "I never properly introduced myself. I'm Theo Kensington."

"I know-" She stopped herself, "I, um, I mean... I know. I've read about you... in tabloids."

He chuckled, "You're awkward. I like that."

"What do you mean..."

"It's nice to know you don't act like your perfect." He explained, "Not like a lot of the girls around here."

"Thanks, but it sounds like you're shading someone." She raised her eyebrows.

"Maybe I am. Maybe I'm not. Just know not to trust anyone around here." He warned her.

"Don't worry. I learned not to trust anyone a long time ago."

Theo glanced over at her, "Then I think you're going to fit in great here."