CHAPTER FOUR | ♕

[𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑 : 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐎𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐁𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐄𝐑𝐈𝐍𝐀]

" 𝐒𝐇𝐄'𝐒 𝐍𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑 𝐆𝐎𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐓𝐎 𝐁𝐄
𝐀 𝐏𝐑𝐈𝐌𝐀 𝐁𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐄𝐑𝐈𝐍𝐀. 𝐎𝐕𝐄𝐑 𝐌𝐘
𝐑𝐈𝐂𝐇, 𝐇𝐎𝐓, 𝐃𝐄𝐀𝐃 𝐁𝐎𝐃𝐘. "

✯✯✯

✯✯✯

𝐁𝐄𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐍𝐘 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐍𝐄𝐑𝐕𝐎𝐔𝐒. It was not secret that her and Theo had been close friends for a long time now. They had been friends for longer than anyone else in their little group, and she'd liked him for even longer.

So, yeah, she was nervous that he was spending alone time with Ella. Not because she was usually a jealous girl, but because Ella was known to be gorgeous and Theo was known to be a pretty flirty guy.

That's exactly the reason why she was now standing in front of Theo's house and staring daggers at his bedroom window.

"Bethany?" Mrs. Kensington yelled from the front door and she snapped out of her thoughts.

"Oh, good evening Mrs. Kensington!" She ran in her high heeled boots to the door, and quickly hoped the woman wouldn't comment on why she was just standing outside her house.

"How are you? I haven't seen you in a while." She let's Beth inside.

"I've have tennis and ballet, so I'm pretty busy."

"Oh, and ballet, huh." She walked over to the kitchen counter.

Theo's house was a French provincial style manor where the gang had thrown plenty of parties in the past. Bethany used to spend so much time over here when they were younger that one of their guest rooms actually started becoming her own room.

"Do you want to hear some gossip?"

"Duh, I've watched all six seasons of Gossip Girl." Bethany smirked as Mrs, Kensington beckoned her closer.

"Your friend, Ella, is thinking about quitting tennis."

"She is?" Bethany felt deflated. The four girls had always been a clique, and tennis was their thing. They all had been playing for years and led their school's team to championships. She couldn't even picture any of them not playing.

"I don't know. That's just what I heard. Her parents want her to focus on ballet."

"But she's not even good at ballet." Bethany crossed her arms, "She's never going to be a prima ballerina. Over my rich, hot, dead body."

"Did you just quote Scream Queens?"

"Yes, Mrs. Kensington, yes I did." Bethany huffed, "My daddy already talked to the director and she said she's considering me for the next production."

"I have faith in you, Beth." Mrs. Kensington began pouring herself a glass of wine.

"Ugh, I better go see what they're up to." Bethany rolled her eyes and walked upstairs.

Theo and Ella froze in surprise as they saw Bethany standing at the door. Theo's eyes especially trailed up her body as she was dressed in a black lingerie inspired top, cheeky shorts, a jean jacket, and knee high boots.

"You guys aren't ready yet?" She walked in and threw her jacket onto Theo's bed.

"Not yet." Theo answered still watching Bethany. Ella couldn't help, but look down at her own t-shirt and jeans and feeling worse about herself. Bethany looked flawless. She always did.

"Well why not?" She leaned back on her elbows, "Don't have anything to wear, El?"

"Not here."

"Come on, I have something in the guest room. You don't have to drive all the way back to your house we can all go to the party together." She looked back at Theo, "You change."

Bethany pulled Ella down the hall and into the guest room where she began searching for something in the walk-in closet.

"I don't know, Beth, we don't wear the same style of clothes." Ella shift back and forth nervously. Bethany just rolled her eyes.

"Shut up, Ella, do you want to look hot or not?" Beth turned around and held up an off the shoulder top which was questionable.

"What is that? A bathing suit?"

"Uh, no. It's a crop top." Bethany held it away from herself to look at it.

"It doesn't go past your boobs!"

"Yeah, so?" She laughed then handed it to her. Beth also grabbed a leather jacket, black high waisted jeans, and an ankle boots to pair it with.

"Here, put this on. Leather jackets look so cute on you." Bethany left the closet, and Ella raised an eyebrow, looking at the "top" again.

Once Ella got dressed Bethany handed her a Gucci belt.

"Gucci? Beth, I don't do Gucci." Ella tried handing it back to her.

"You don't do anything. Hopefully dressed like this you'll get a chance." Bethany replied making Ella give her a look. Unwillingly, Ella slipped the belt through her jeans, and Bethany grabbed her hand, pulling her down the hall.

"Theo, where are you!" Bethany called and he appeared in the hall dressed in a simple button up tee with the top buttons left alone and ripped jeans.

"Doesn't Ella look hot?" Bethany asked him, and Ella gave her a wide eyed glance.

"Yeah, she looks really good." He answered, giving her a once over and somehow she felt even more uncomfortable in that outfit.

"Not too good I hope." Bethany pressed a kiss to his cheek then laced her fingers with his.

"You're wearing Gucci." Theo smirked making Ella roll her eyes.

"Go suck a dick."

"Not gonna happen." He chuckled, a cute smile coming to his face. Ella brushed past him before she started blushing in front of Bethany.

"Bethany." Theo grabbed her forearm before she could follow after her friend.

"What?" Her hands settled on his shoulders.

"How are you?" He asked, "I haven't, uh, talked to you in a few days." He pushed her arms off himself.

"I'm fine, Theo. Don't be a fucking weirdo." Bethany rolled her eyes then walked away from him, leaving him alone in the hall.