The Beginning

"Kriti I know it would be an injustice to say something like this to you at this time, but... Kriti you need to move on okay? I know the past few days have been totally shit for you and that scoundrel Manish-"

"Subah can we please not take his name anymore in this life? At least not in front of me? Please?" Kriti begged.

Subah sighs,"I know right? I'm sorry. It's just..." She sighs again, "I don't know what to say exactly but all I know is, you need to move on. Whatever he did, is absolutely disgusting and you shouldn't waste your life just thinking about him, Kriti. Please. I'm saying this as your friend. I know it would take a while but you need to keep trying. I know you can, alright? "

"Hmm," Kriti replies in a barely audible voice.

"What hmm? Keeping yourself locked in this room all the time and staring at the sky with a pile of depression for something which is not even your fault is not a solution for this Kriti! Why don't you just understand?" Subah said in a worried tone.

Kriti looks at subah for a moment and smiles but doesn't say anything. She actually doesn't have anything to say.

It has been only a few days since Kriti found out that her boyfriend Manish was cheating on her with Sabina. Subah can't find any better way to make her friend normal again. But she's trying her best. She knows it's tough but she just can't see her friend like this anymore. So she hit upon a plan.

2 weeks later

"Kritiiiiiiiiiiii," Subah enters Kriti's room shouting her name that loudly.
"what?" Kriti seemed a little annoyed. She was watching Raabta on Netflix. Nowadays she has been watching a lot of movies- just as an attempt to divert her scattered mind from her past. She was really enjoying the movie and that's when Subah yelled her name.
"Kriti I have a surprise for you. You won't believe I-"

"Isn't that Sushant?" Kriti interrupts her pointing a finger at the television.
Subah looks at the screen and said, "OMG yes!! Wait you're watching Raabta? I heard he has just started his career as an actor and he's doing-"

"What were you saying?" No wonder Kriti stops her again in the middle because she always was allergic to Sushant from the very first day of college.

Sushant actually had a 'soft' crush on her during college days and literally never used to miss a chance to flirt with her whenever she was seen. And there is Kriti who was a tough girl who was barely interested in him. Rather she always tried to avoid Sushant as much as she could. She never really believed in love or anything like that until Manish came in her life. But it seems like Kriti's destiny wasn't that supportive of her and she got brutally broken by him. Anyway that indeed was a really painful phenomenon for her.
In college she was too intolerant when it came to Sushant. He did annoy her a lot though... until they all finished college and got busy in their respective lives.

Subah remembers all those things and instantly returned to what she actually came here for.

"Okay sooooo...(she extended a lot of unnecessary 'O' s in the back of the 'S') Guess what? We are going on a trip!! Eeeee I'm so hella excited!" Subah exclaims in joy.

"Trip? What trip?" Kriti furrows her eyebrows.
Subah comes near her and sits on Kriti's bed. "Look Kriti. I was thinking that you should take a break from your regular life for once. Don't you think you should... you know make up your mind and do a fresh start again? Give yourself another chance man! You don't deserve to live like this! And you don't have to! So...," Subah takes a breath," I contacted some of our other friends and they said they were going on a trip in Kashmir. It's like what they call 'reuniting' you know? It has been a long time since we all last met with each other. And don't worry I told them nothing about you. I just decided that we want to join them too, " Subah takes a break at this.
Kriti was listening to her calmly all this time. But she didn't say anything.
She was confused in her mind. Her mind was telling her to listen to Subah and have a nice vacation and forget about her past, start a new life but at the same time her brain was somehow stopping her. She was practically fighting with herself thinking whether she should agree with Subah or not.

Subah got impatient at her silence, "Kriti please don't say no. Please? I swear it would surely bring something positive. Trust me!"
Kriti sighed,"Okay."

"Just okay? Are you not happy?" Subah became worried, "Look I'm not forcing you but I really think it's only for your good."

"It's okay you don't have to explain yourself. I'll go. What's the date?"
Subah was screaming out of happiness inside her although she didn't express it in front of Kriti, "It's in just three days. On Tuesday. They will start off at 12 am from the Hilly Station which is like only 2 miles away from here. Don't worry we'll take an uber to get to the station and then we'll meet the other friends. They said they will be waiting for us there." Subah explained the whole plan.

"What about the tickets?" Kriti asks.
"Disha said she would text me the details later. Ahha you don't have to worry about all that ok? You just start packing."

"Alright," Kriti says.

"Kriti I can't believe we are having a fucking train journey!! I'm so fucking excited!!" Subah says raising her hands in the air.

Kriti starts laughing at her words,"You bitch!"

"I don't mind being one ya know.." Subah says dramatically.

They both laughed for sometimes and talked about random things. Subah was doing it all just to keep her best friend happy and to bring her back in her normal crazy life. It made her so emotional seeing Kriti laugh so freely after such a long time. They were surely going to have a great time-Subah thinks to herself.

Hi guys!
Thanks for reading this.
Please like
and comment if you like it
-J<3