The Meeting

The day has arrived. The train was about to start at 12 am so Kriti and Subah reached the station at around 11 pm. Subah was very tired and too sleepy as she had a really hectic day from all the packing work. All she needed was a good sleep to start the vacation with a fresh mood.

"Kriti I'm gonna hit the pillow and sleep the shit out of me as soon as we get into the compartment. I'll be on Do Not Disturb mode for like 6 hours or so.. So keep that in your mind okay?" subah said to Kriti.

"As if I will die if you don't talk to me huh?" Kriti said sarcastically.

"So rude!"

"Okay whatever. You can do anything you want. I won't disturb you. But tell me how are we supposed to carry all these luggages till our compartment? You've got like your whole wardrobe in here. People are about to get confused if you're going on a vacation or you're actually going to live there," Kriti laughed.

"Oh really? As if you didn't take anything? Your panties weigh more than my lehenga-"

"What the fuck Subah! Shuddup!"

"I won't!"

"And wait you took lehenga for this trip?!"

"Only if I were a dickhead like you!"

"Fuck you!" Kriti whispered.

"Same to you bitch!"

And then they both laughed at how childish they were behaving at a public place.

"okay okay can we please get to work now? We're being late!" Kriti hurried.

Subah started looking for a coolie around and went to the other side of the station. Kriti just stood there alone with all the luggages when suddenly she heard a voice coming from the back.

"Hi"

She was shocked from the sudden but familiar voice and looked behind her immediately.

"O hi Sushant!"

"Hi. How are you?" He smiled.

"Good," She obviously had to lie,"What about you?"

"Just fine," Sushant said with a sweet smile.

"So...umm...how are you here?" Kriti asked very awkwardly.

"Uhh I'm actually here with the 'vacation team' haha."

"Oh my god I'm so sorry. I should have known that.."

"No it's fine," Sushant assured her.

"Okay," Kriti tried too hard to keep a smile on her face. She felt way too awkward to talk to him after so many years.

She has always disliked him from the very beginning because of his approach and today was no different. She deliberately didn't drag their conversation any further and practically prayed in her mind so that Sushant also does the same and end the conversation as soon as possible.

She started acting as if she was in a very hurry and desperately wanted to avoid him. Just then he spoke up, "Umm if you don't mind I can help you carry your luggages. There are too many I see."

Kriti had assumed that he would again start flirting with her like he always did but for the first time in life she found him being genuinely polite to her. She was hesitating so much and that's when Subah came up but with no coolie with her-

"Yaar Kriti all the coolies are dead it seems. Couldn't find a single- oh my god!" Subah's eyes widened,"Sushant! Hey mate what's up??" She hugged him excitedly but at the same time was pretty surprised seeing him.
After greeting each other and chatting for a while, Subah said, "So what were you guys talking about?"

"Nothing much. I was asking Kriti if she needed any help with the luggages," Sushant replied.

"Oh yeah we couldn't find any coolie so...," Subah said.

Kriti instantly gave her a "No No No" look but Subah gave an assuring expression to her.

"That will be great if you can help us! Thanks in advance haha," Subah said to Sushant.

"Anytime," He smiled.

And then Sushant carried all the luggages one by one inside the train.

"Kriti?"

"Hmm?"

"What's happening man? Is this the Sushant we knew? Since when did he become so gentle??" Subah whispered to Kriti.

"Yeah even I was wondering..."

"He has changed completely! Positive yet surprising!"

"yeah," Kriti was not interested to talk about him anymore. So she tried to change the topic, "Can we move in?"

"Oh yeah yeah let's go. But do you think he still has a crush on you? I mean- it has been like 5 years..." Subah said hiding a laugh inside.

Kriti literally gave her a really annoyed expression and Subah stopped her joke, "Man I was kidding! You are so fucking serious.. Ugh!"

They went into the compartment together. Then they came out and greeted the other friends.

While gossiping, Kriti caught Sushant staring at her occasionally. She felt weird but then she thought maybe it was her mind what was making up things. Maybe she thought he was staring at her because she has a negative feeling for him and always doubted him. Maybe he changed. That is the most possible thing because it has been almost five years. Maybe she is wrong. She had some random thoughts coming inside her mind which she tried hard to control but couldn't. The shock of her recent break up surely did affect both her mind and body -She thought. She tried to shake off all the negative thoughts her mind was creating and concentrated on the people in front of her.

It was almost 12 am and the train started moving with a whistle. They all went to their respective seats. Kriti looked outside the window as the speed of the train increased.
She really hopes this trip will be helpful for her to forget everything that happend to her in the last few months. She hopes this trip will make her forget everything related to Manish.

there's the second one! Hope u liked it. Don't forget to vote and comment!
-J<3