The Old Friend

It was exactly like what Subah had imagined. The place was a bit isolated from the main city but more close to nature. The lodge they were going to stay in had represented a view of a really antique structure. But the place was not left neglected for the fact. They saw a number of people working at different parts of the area. Some were working in the garden and some were working for sanitation. Virat had told them about the cook. So they didn't need to worry about foods.

Kriti seemed a little excited for the first time in the last two days. Perhaps she actually liked the idea of staying here and maybe she finally managed to get distracted from the Manish thing. Subah was beyond happy for her. Looking at Kriti's smiling face she felt like she won an award.

Subah ran to her, "Kriti this place is awesome isn't it?"

"Absolutely!!" Kriti exclaimed with excitement in her voice.

After a while they all went inside and Virat showed them their rooms. The rooms were not too big but each of them had two separate single beds allowing only two persons in one room. Subah and Kriti went to their rooms and settled their stuffs. After sometime they all met at the dining room. They discovered that their breakfast was ready on the table and they all sat to eat.

They all went out in the city and walked through the hilly roads of Kashmir. They roamed around different spots together and enjoyed their time.

While walking with the group, Sushant was occasionally glancing at Kriti. He doesn't know why but he just couldn't stop looking at her. He found her looking very soft and pretty.
Was his 'almost childhood' crush was getting back again? He doesn't want to believe that. He is not really supposed to have a 'crush' on someone at this age-Sushant thinks. Or maybe deep down inside he just wanted to become friends with her? If that's it, was it going to be just 'a mercy' on her because how irritating he used to be to her in their college days? Or what if he actually started to....like her? Sushant curses himself for pondering too much over this issue and not being able to concentrate on what was happening around.

"Sushant! Sush! Hey!!" Virat shouted.

"Uhh ye-yeah yeah.. Virat?" He snapped out of his thoughts.

"Where are you lost man?"

"Nothing!" Sushant replied with a tensed face. Virat grabbed him in the middle and made him join into some random talks.

The whole day went really good for all. Kashmir was way too cold at night than it is in the morning. After having dinner people went divided into small groups and minded their own business. Virat had asked Sushant to join them but he showed him some stupid excuses to tactfully avoid the gossip but promised to get back in a while.

Sushant looked here and there thinking if Kriti or Subah was around but he couldn't find anyone. So he went straight towards their room. The door was open and he saw Subah making the beds. He knocked on the door to grab the attention of Subah.

"Can I come in?" Sushant asked gently.

"Yes of course, Sushant. You don't have to ask our permission for that every time," Subah replied.

"Uhh haha thanks. What were you doing?" Sushant asks just as a part of formality.

"I'm just doing our sleeping arrangement," Subah replies with a doubtful expression. She assumed he actually isn't here to ask her what she was doing.

Sushant looks around the room and speaks up -"Uhm.. I thought you were sharing the room with Kriti?"

"Yes we are," Subah says not looking at him.

"Oh.. But umm where is she? Haven't seen her anywhere since we all got back in the evening..." Sushant states carefully.

"Oh uhh yeah she's actually on the terrace," Subah says in a serious voice.