Kashmir

Kriti was dragged out of her dream by a sudden unpleasant noise. It was a nice dream but she couldn't remember what she saw in the dream. It took a few moments for her to understand what was going on. She looked around and saw Subah still sleeping deep in the opposite seat. Soon she realised that it was the train whistle which made her wake up. It felt a little cold inside. She moved her hand underneath the pillow and took out her phone to watch the time. It was 6.30 am in the morning.

Kriti decided to sit up on her seat and tried to figure out where they were by looking outside the window. But to her surprise, she found the window glass quite vague from fog. She rubbed her palm on the glass in order to have a clear view of the outside.

It was Kashmir.

She realised that they already reached there. There were countless mountains  standing tall one beside another at a far distance. The peaks of all the mountains were covered in pure white heavy snow. There was also light green meadow in front of the mountains. She saw some children  playing around in there wearing thick sweaters. Now she knows why it's feeling so cold in here.

Herds of cow and sheeps were also seen in the green areas. Overall the view outside was so soothing and serene. Kriti just sat there for a while enjoying the whole environment by herself.
Just then Subah woke up and fixed her eyes on Kriti–

"When did you wake up?" Subah yawned.

"Just 20 minutes ago I guess."

"Hmm. Great."

"It's so beautiful."

"What?" Subah was confused.

"Kashmir," Kriti replied taking care of the fact that she doesn't sound too loud and so it came out as a whisper. As if any unnecessary loud sound will ruin the calming environment.

Subah came out of her blanket and sat beside the window to discover the beauty of Kashmir. None of them talked for sometimes and was astounded by the view until someone knocked at the door. They both got startled at the sound and Subah walked to open the door.

It was Virat at the door who was apparently the 'leader' of their team.
"Are you seriously going to everyones room to wake them up like this?" Subah told him rolling her eyes.

"Mm-hmm. Intelligent as always huh?" Virat smirked.

"Oh yes I still am. Now what brings you here at this time?"

"Umm... Not gonna invite me inside or something?" He said grinning.

Subah laughed at this and cleared the way for him to enter.

"Okay so good morning girls. I'm actually glad that you guys are awaken by yourselves haha. The others are terrible I'm telling you. I literally had to break their door. Anyway so I wanted to tell you that we are already in Kashmir as you can see. And we'll have to get down at the next stop which is in about 30 minutes. So get ready with your stuffs and don't forget anything. Meet me at the front section in 20 minutes. Hurry up!" Virat said all these in a breath.

"Wait wait wait what about our breakfast?" Subah asked impatiently.

"We'll have to wait till we reach our lodge," Virat replied smilingly.

"Oh okay then."

Subah was a bit extra excited for this tour knowing the fact that they were actually going to stay in a lodge there and not in a regular five start hotel. It was basically Virat's idea for the lodge because he thought hotels would be 'too mainstream' and 'unexciting' whereas staying in a lodge would be something 'fun' and 'adventurous.' None of them disagreed to this idea once they were assured of their 'overall safety.'

Virat left the girls in their room and hurried to the other. Kriti and Subah both got freshen up and packed up their luggages. They all met in the front section as per Virat's instruction and got down at the station. It was really cold outside then. But they knew it was gonna happen. So they were all carrying their warm clothes.

Virat commanded them all to get into the minibuses which were already waiting for them there. He is indeed an expert in tour planning. There were apparently two minibuses. One was for girls and the other one was for boys. After a few minutes they were all set to go to the lodge.

I'm pretty excited for the next chapter. Fun fact: I've never been to kashmir lol. It's a serene place honestly.
-J<3