Chapter 7: Meet Nigel Billingsley and Van Pelt

Nigel: Dr. Bravestone. Famed archaeologist and international explorer. Known across the seven continents for your courageous exploits.

Harold: Is there a seat belt?

Nigel: I can't tell you what an honor it is to finally meet you. And I'm not embarrassed to say you're even more dashing in person.

Harold *confused*: Uh... thanks?

Ari: Excuse me, I hate to interrupt, but who are you?

Nigel: Nigel Billingsley at your service. Ruby Roundhouse, killer of men. Welcome to Jumanji! 

Ari: W-what? I-I've never hurt anyone.

Melvin: I'm glad you're never hurt anyone especially me when George and Harold tell you for me.

Nigel: Professor Sheldon Oberon! Welcome to Jumanji! I've been so anxious for your arrival. As you know, Jumanji is in grave danger. We're counting on the four of you to lift the curse.

Melvin: Curse? Harold, what is up with this guy?

Harold: Uh... I think he's an NPC.

Ari: A what?

Harold: A non-player character. He's a part of the game. So anything we ask him, he only had his programmed series responses.

George: Got it. I played many games before.

Nigel: Franklin 'Mouse' Finbar. Welcome to Jumanji!

George: It's Moose. Not Mouse.

Nigel: No, good sir. I'm quite sure it's Mouse.

George: Mouse?

Nigel: A nickname given for your diminutive stature and adorable manner. I knew you'd be here. Dr. Bravestone doesn't go anywhere without his trusty sidekick.

George: Sidekick?

Nigel: Ever since Dr. Bravestone rescued you from the clutches of a warlord in the jungles of Peru, you've never left his side.

George: Right.

Harold: What is the curse for what you're talking about?

Nigel: It's all documented in the letter I sent you, Dr. Bravestone. Perhaps you should read it out loud.

Harold: I don't have a let-

Harold cuts himself and confused when the envelope appears to his hand out of nowhere. Harold opens the envelope and reads the document

Harold: Right. Uh... (reads) "Dr. Bavestone, I am writing to you regarding the desperate situation in Jumanji. *with Nigel* We need your help at once."

Ari: What's happening?

George: What the hell is going on?

Harold: I think it's a cutscene. A lot of games have them. It's like a little movie to tell you the back-story.

Nigel *narrates*: My name is Nigel Billingsley. Jumanji field guide. I was hired by your former partner now nemesis, Professor Russel Van Pelt to lead a fateful expedition. You see, Professor Van Pelt had come in search of the fabled Jaguar Shrine resting place of the sacred jewel of Jumanji. As you know better than anyone, the jewel was his great obsession. And after years of research, he believed that he had discovered its whereabouts. 

Van Pelt: Could it be? Have I finally found it?

Nigel: Van Pelt told me that he wanted to find the jewel to document it in his writings. 

Van Pelt: It's real! 

Nigel: What I did not know was that he intended to take the jewel for himself.

Van Pelt: I found it. I found it!

Nigel: Legend tells that the Jaguar watches over Jumanji and anyone who dares to blind him will be consumed by a dark power. Van Pelt assumed dominion over all of Jumanji's creatures possessing them, controlling them. And a terrible curse befell this once-placid land. I begged him to put it back, but once he had it in his grasp he could never let it go. So I waited till they slept that night, and I made my move.

Van Pelt: Bring me that jewel! And slaughter anyone who tries to stop you.

Nigel *normal*: Right, then. Here you go. (gives Harold a jewel) With the invaluable help of your associates you must use your complementary skills to return the jewel to the Jaguar's eye and lift the curse. I'm sure you'll want to get started right away.

Harold: Actually, I think-

Nigel: Good luck! The fate of Jumanji is in your hands.

The Jeep door opens

Nigel: And remember. The goal for you, I'll recite in verse. Return the jewel and lift the curse. If you wish to leave the game. You must save Jumanji, and call out its name. *repeats* Good luck! The fate of Jumanji is in your hands. And remember.-

George: He's saying the same thing over.

-I'll recite in verse. Return the jewel and lift the curse. If you wish to leave the game. You must save Jumanji, and call out its name. 

Everyone got out the jeep and Ari surprised for the beautiful landscape

Ari: Wow...

Nigel: (gives Harold a map) Dr. Bravestone, here's a map of Jumanji. You must go to the bazaar and find the missing piece.

Ari: Missing piece of what?

Nigel: Cheerio!

George: You can't give us a ride to the statue?

Nigel: And remember. If you wish to leave the game. You must save Jumanji, and call out its name.

Nigel left

Harold: Well, that came out strange. (to George) You want uh... put this in there?

George headshake

Harold: Come on, you're the one with a backpack.

George grabbed the jewel from Harold and puts it in his backpack

Ari: So, the goal is: return the jewel to the Jaguar statue, and then we all go home. Piece of cake!

Melvin: Why can't we just leave the game, without doing all this stuff?

Harold: We have to finish the game. I think... I think we have to save Jumanji.

Harold walked and standing dramatic like a man 

Ari *blushes*: Wow. That's a man. But young.

And Harold tries not to cry because he got bullied as a young child and called him to cry baby

Harold: Don't cry, don't cry, don't cry, don't cry, don't cry. Don't cry. (smack the mosquito)  There are so many diseases out there. It's hot.