Chapter 13: The Missing Piece

Then the kid brought the avatars here to show where the missing piece is

Kid: What you need is in the basket. One false move, you're in a casket. Trust one another, and never blink. The missing piece is not what you think.

Harold gulped 

Kid: Good luck, mighty hero. Jumanji needs you.

George: Jumanji needs him. We know. You said it a couple of times.

the kid left

Harold: I guess there's a uh... a snake?

George: Yep. It sounds like a Bravestone to me.

Harold: Why would this be a Bravestone thing?

George: Because you're a mighty hero. You heard what the kid said. Jumanji needs you. Now, get.

Harold gets close to the basket but they hear the drums

Harold (shouted): I don't wanna do this!

George: Just go.

Harold gets close to the basket, slowly opens the top and the black mamba shows up

George (shouted): Black mamba!

They all screamed and Harold closed the basket quickly as a snap

George *expertise*: That's a black mamba. A quarter milligram of its venom is enough to kill an adult. You'll feel a tingling sensation in your mouth and extremities, followed by a fever, foaming at the mouth, and ataxia, which means loss of muscle control. *normal* How do I know that?

Ari: Did you see anything else in there?

Harold: No, I didn't see it. Okay, we gonna trust one another and never blink. Never blink.

Melvin *realize*: Guys... I think it's a staring contest.

Ari: What?

George: What are you talking about?

Melvin: Think about it, you dumb-asses. Never blink?

Harold: You guys, I think he's right. At the camp, they used to tell us if you see a rattlesnake, don't move. I think someone has to make direct eye contact and not blink. 

George: And then Harold's gonna reach in and grab whatever else is in there.

Harold: What? Why me again?

Ari: Because you're Bravestone.

Harold: You know what, fine. Who's good at staring and not blinking?

George blinks it fast and Melvin tries to not blink for only like 10 seconds

Melvin: I think I'm doing it.

Ari: That is your moment.

Melvin walks to the basket and bends his knees down while Harold's holding it

Harold: Just say when.

Melvin takes in time

Melvin: ... Now.

Harold opens the basket, a black mamba looks around and saw Melvin, hissed at him and everyone screamed. And the snake jumps and tries to bite Ari and Harold caught it. Ari almost got bitten (JESUS!)

Harold: What are we gonna do?

George: ... You gotta defang it.

Harold: I gotta what?

George (holds the snake's head): You got to pull his mouth back from the blindspot to disorient it. But be very careful of the venom gland and the exposed secondary venom duct. (pulls a fang) And then you gotta snap its teeth...(pulls the other fang) out of its head.

A black mamba's dead and Harold drops it

Melvin: I guess it wasn't a staring contest.

Ari: Trust each other... and never blink.

George: Y-you trusted me. You trusted me, and I defanged the snake! I did it!

Harold: Yeah, you did it.

Ari: Harold?

Harold: Yeah?

Ari: Um... thank you... Bravestone.

Harold: Oh, uh... y-you're welcome... Roundhouse.

They smile with blushes and George is getting a little jealous (NOT MY TYPE!). Melvin grabs the missing piece, unwrapped it and it's an old board game elephant token

Melvin: Hey, guys, come look at this.

They walked to Melvin and looked at the 

Ari: That's the missing piece?

Harold: I don't know. An elephant as the missing piece?

Melvin: Oh, wait, there's something written on the wrapping paper. (reads) "When you see me, begin the climb."

Harold: Begin the climb? When you see a real elephant?

Ari: I guess that's a clue. Strange.

They looked at each other confused

George: ... defanged a snake.

George laughs