Chapter 23: Goodbye, Cuddles

Harold is looking for Ari and finally found her playing alone with her tiger cub, Cuddles. 

Cuddles' stomach is growling 

Ari (to Cuddles): Aw. Are you hungry?

Cuddles nodded

Ari: Hmm. Maybe I can give you something to eat.

Ari is searching for food in the jungle. And in the river, there are some fishes, grab her knife from her pocket to catch a fish, she waited and finally caught a fish

Ari: Gotcha.

Cuddles meows as an excitement

Ari: Here you go. I hope you like it.

Cuddles smelled a fish, took a bite, and eats it. Cuddles loves it and Ari smiles. After Cuddles ate a fish, he jumped on Ari and nuzzles her

Ari: You still don't know where your mother is?

Cuddles head-shaked as a sadness

Ari: Oh. But that's okay, I can take care of you.

Cuddles licks her and Ari laughs, Cuddles yawns and fell asleep while cuddling her. 

Harold's still standing and watching her happily. He changes for Ari, but he's too scared for her for what he said to George

Harold walks to Ari

Harold: Uh... hey, Ari.

Ari (upset): Oh... hi.

Harold: Uh... listen, what I'm saying is- (cuts himself as he saw Ari's scar) W-what happened to your face?

Ari: Oh. I was doing the lines to distracting the guards and it was my idea to make a scar as a plane crash. That was a fake story to make for the guards. And I still have scars on my face, cheek, and my arm.

Harold: Oh, but don't do that again. You're scaring me.

Ari: Sorry. Hey, I thought you don't like me?

Harold: You heard that what I said to George?

Ari: Yeah. I heard enough. Before I perform to the guards, I saw you walk alone upset and George follows you. And you had a crush on him, and all I heard that said you don't like me and my drawings. I planned to make you go back to your friendship with George again, but that was a big mistake in the first place, and it's all my fault.

Harold: Oh. Listen... the truth is... I fooled him.

Ari: What?

Harold: I fooled him to make him forget you as he loves me. But the truth is, I don't love him... I like you. 

(DAMN IT!)

Ari *blushes*: Really?

Harold: Yeah. But you seemed to be alone all the time with your nice drawings in school. Do you have a story that how you became lonely?

Ari: Well... 

Cuddles wakes up and saw Harold

Harold (to Cuddles): Hi there, Cuddles. Look, I fooled George to make him forget your new mother as he loves me. I'm sorry.

Cuddles accept and he licks Harold and they laugh

Ari: He likes you, now.