XXXIII- Eight Weeks To Get Rid of Rogue

"Tai!" Ace burst into Tai's house not long after she had called him. "Is everything okay?" He found his way to their kitchen where he saw Raiden standing. He still hadn't moved. Tai was sitting at the table that had, now cold, half-eaten dinners on it. 

"Ace," she sighed. She looked at her brother and then stood up, walking over to Ace. "Brandon knows that I know. Raiden also knows about Brandon and Rogue, and to say he's heartbroken is an understatement."

"Are you okay?" Ace asked, checking Tai over.

"I'm not worried about me," Tai said dismissively. "Rai's in shock. I also don't think we should stay here, not with Rogue across the road. Brandon said he wasn't going to say anything but I don't know whether he's going to keep his word."

"No, of course not. You'll stay at the packhouse," Ace said.

"I was just thinking of staying in a hotel. I don't think Greyson would-"

"He may be the Alpha, but I'm the Beta and you're my mate, so I'm not taking no for an answer," Ace said. "I can deal with Greyson. If Rogue knows that you two are aware of the werewolf world it puts you in danger. You need to be where I can protect you."

Tai raised an eyebrow. "You do know I'm fully capable of protecting myself."

"Doesn't mean you can't accept help," Ace said, raising an eyebrow back at her. "Go and grab some things for you and Raiden and then let's going. You can tell me exactly what happened on the drive."

Tai told Ace the whole story on the drive to the packhouse. She constantly looked over her shoulder at Raiden who was in the backseat. He didn't say a word. "I don't know what's going to happen now," Tai said lowly. "I don't know if he's going to be okay."

Ace pursed his lips. "I don't know either. They're mates. Every part of him is probably screaming to go back to Brandon, but he's not. He's strong. It's impressive."

"It was horrible," Tai sighed. "Seeing his face. He was so shocked."

"I'm not surprised," Ace murmured. "I wouldn't have left you if I knew he was there."

Tai glanced at Ace. She nodded. "I know."

"So much for having some time to yourself."

Tai couldn't help but laugh. "I know."

"Thank you for calling me, Tai. Thank you for trusting me."

"I never doubted that I could trust you," she said dismissively. "I was scared of telling you what I did. I still am scared."

"Well, I'm going to do everything I can to make it so you're not scared," Ace said with a kind smile.

"You're too nice," Tai said and shook her head. "I don't deserve it."

"I'll be mean if you start talking like that."

Tai chuckled quietly. "I'll shut up then."

"Let's get him inside," Ace said once they had arrived at the packhouse. Tai got out of the car and she had to pull Raiden out. He walked beside her, unaware of the world around him.

"Rai," Tai said and gently shook. "Rai, snap out of it."

They were met outside of the house by Greyson and Indianna. Brooke and Harry followed them out. "What happened?" Greyson demanded.

"Brandon," Ace said. "He knows that Tai is aware of us and what she and Raiden are."

"Come to my office," Greyson said shortly. 

"I'll take Raiden to a room," Brooke said softly. She felt guilty. She was Brandon's cousin. The least she could do was try and help Raiden.

"I don't want to leave him," Tai said stubbornly.