1. Jackie and Will's back

Greg Heffley's POV:

Rodrick walked over to my room. I froze and ushered Rowley to take off the binoculars.

"What you two little squirts doing?" question Rodrick suspiciously.

Rowley looked up from the binoculars and stuttered at seeing Rodrick right in his presence.

"I- uh, bird-watching for Mathematics." I managed to lie.

"Oh cool let me see." he chuckled snatching the binoculars of Rowley who was still shaken. Rodrick pointed the lenses towards where Rowley was looking at previously.

He took a bite of his ham sandwich.

"Yeah Will and Jackie are back from their summer break." I chuckled awkwardly.

"Isn't she indeed a peacock." He chuckled to himself. He turned away and looked at us "Guys, that's a bit perverted don't you think?" he teased.

"Jackie's grown full on melons!" exclaimed Rowley causing me and my brother to peg him in the back of the head at the same time.

Rodrick placed down the binoculars and bolted down the stairs. Me and Rowley followed after him.

"Excuse me, where do you think you boys are going?" asked Mom.

"Will and his family is back from the summer break!" I exclaimed. Mom smiled,

"Well why don't you invite the Cornell's over dear? I have my special pot roast cooking, will be plenty for all of us."

I opened the door and went to go next door to asked if will wanted to come over.

"Rodrick stay here, I don't want you wrecking havoc." ordered Mom

"But mommm!" he whined.

"Set the table please."

-

-

-

No there wasn't enough pot roast, nor chairs for everyone to sit so mum sat in the living room with the 'adults' and ate the pot roast while all the kids sat in the dining room eat freshly ordered pizza.

I chomped down on the pizza while Will and Jackie talked about their trip to Idaho.

Jackie sat in front of me and Rodrick sat next to her flirting with her when last summer he considered her a bogger.

"Wow! you got your braces removed and a new haircut!" Noticed Rowley. Jackie chuckled nervously and covered her mouth.

"Yeah" she looked around the room, spotting the clock on the wall. "I gotta go soon, I'm going to a friend's house." She took her last bite of pizza then got up and went to tell her parent she was going next door to change then ride her bike to her friends house.

Rodrick offered to drive her there but she politely declined, dodged a bullet there. As soon as she left Rodrick went to his room and me and Rowley and Will continued our conversation of Video games.

"Hey! asked your Mom if you can sleep over with Rowley and me." I suggested to Will.

His parents agreed and you all ran up to my room to start the chaos.

Rodrick Heffley's POV:

I walked up to my room and sat by the window staring out into Jackie's room. God she changed since I last seen her. She didn't seem so geeky. Jackie was Will's older sister, by 3 years, making me a year older than her. I sat there with my phone in hand after receiving a message for band practice tomorrow. I looked back up at Jackie's window and was gobbed smacked at the view. She stood there getting undressed and changed into a brown mini dress with polka dots and a white knitted cardigan over the top. She tied her brown locks into a low ponytail and headed out.

I sat there and smiled that dopey smile I always get around her. I heard Will, Rowley and Greg run up the stairs and lent my head back on the wall this was going to be a long night.

Jackie Cornell's POV:

I woke up at Brie's house and got dressed into my denim shorts, converse and an old fishing tee I bought while in Idaho. It was 11am and I rushed around the house looking for my stuff since I was due back home in half an hour. I got home and mum had asked me to go next door to get Will, great now I was going to have to face Rodrick when I got there, he always made me a blubbering mess.

"Morning Susan!" I called out as I walked to the garage where the boys would usually be.

I walked in and Rodrick dropped his drumsticks while the boys sat in front of the drums listening to him practise.

"Mum said you need to come home." I informed him.

"Can we watch Rodrick practise before we go?" He asked.

"Sure." I grabbed out a icy pole from the freezer because it was so hot in the garage and sat down on the carpet. Greg rested his head my lap which was him being his normal brotherly self while Will leaned his head on my shoulder.

"Are you tired or some-" I was cut off by Rodrick's loud banging and turned my head to watch him.

I smiled at him to let him know he was doing good and he blushed and looked at the floor.

He stopped and I told Will to grabbed his stuff from Greg's room. My icy pole dripped onto Greg's head.
"Sorry"

"It's okay," he jumped up and went to help Will out, same with Rowley. I walked over to Rodrick and handed him what was left of the icy pole.

"So whats your secret?" I asked.

His eyes widened and his cheek grew redder than before.

"What do you mean?" he questioned.

"How do you play drums so good?" I blurted.

He licked the icy pole.

"The power's in the player." he replied shrugging his shoulders with a smug smirk on his face.

I sat on his lap. "Teach me."

He finished the Popsicle then slipped the pop stick into his pocket then grabbed out his drumsticks.

"The key is to have loose hands." He advised.

Greg and Will approached the door.

"What are you guys doing?" Demanded Greg.

I jumped off of Rodrick's lap and sped walked with Will back home.

"Please don't start flirting with my friends brother." Pleaded Will.

"Ew Rodrick? He's a absolute Dork!"

Will rolled his eyes and I slapped him playfully on his chest.

"Last one to the pool is a rotten egg!" I Yelled locking Will out and running to my room for my bathers.