14.Scandalous

My phone lit up again, to notify a call.

I stepped out the room to answer and it was Rodrick.

"Hey Jack, I uh-."
"Look I can't talk right now, I'll see you in like 1 minute. The boys just left to invite you over for a movie."

I heard a smile creep on his face on the other line.

"Alright." He stuttered the smile still evident.

Within no time Greg and Will sat on the couch while Rodrick's head rested on my lap.

The whole entire situation was awkward with Greg there, him knowing that Rodrick's simple gesture of laying on me meant way much more than we were putting off.

I brushed his hair with my fingers, trying not to keep anything out of the ordinary.

My eyelids grew heavier each passing second as I drifted off into a deep and peaceful sleep.

-
I woke in the lounge room to loud Greek music busting in my ears as my eyes opened, there stood all my Greek family. And I mean all of them.

"I thought you guys weren't coming till Wednesday!" I exclaimed.

They all broke from there huddle around me and my Atheo Zeus picks me up and swings me in his arms.

My cousin Nick gives me the biggest hug.
"Nikki!" I yell hugging him tightly, I hadn't seen him since we were 7.

All my Theia's surround me pinching my cheeks, hugging me, shrieking, complimenting. It was a big wirl wind.

In the far corner stood my cousins Pandora, Aphrodite and my mother's youngest sister Theia Helen chatting amongst themselves. Helen was 23, she was closer to our ages and always hung around her nephews and nieces.

"Hey!" I exclaimed hugging them all.

"You got you're hair dyed neon green!" I exclaim, running my fingers down the green strand.

"And a new piercing." She notes shrugging her shoulders, her accent thick.

"So you do! It's so...... Scandalous!"

"How about while we're here we all go get some sort of body modification, whether it be a piercing or tattoo."

"Bit underaged here." I reminded her.

"Oh please! It's fine, I'll squeezed it out of your mother plus don't you remember I'm one of your legal guardians."

I smiled.

"Come and place you bags in my room."

"No, you're in the basement, I'm sorry hun, I didnt expect everyone to come." My mom called sympathetically.

So basically now mine and Will's room was gone and I had to sleep in the basement with Helen, Nick, Aphrodite, Pandora, Elena, Penelope, Sophia, Maya, Michael, Adrian, Alec, Achilles, Cole, Claus, Caesar, Damen, Aros and Estevan.

Long list, I know. The age ranged from 14-19, Helen being the oldest though.

We got out 3 blow up beds and and 3-4 people sleeped on each mattress. Others either laid on the 3 surrounded couches or on a mat on the floor.

It was crowded, considering we had the whole bottom floor, but we all stuck together in one spot. After laying in the one spot everyone started dragging mattresses and couches all through out the floor.

Now everyone was spread out and comfortable. We all rambled upstairs after being called for lunch.

Nearly 200 people stood in every place in the house, eating roasted vegetables and lamb. The house reeked of Windex, almost clogging up my airways.

Most of the teens and kids were floating in the pool, while my Atheo Mateo and Othello splashed and created ruckus with everyone.

My phone lit up as I seen Rodrick's number pop up.

Rodrick Heffley 1:53pm

"Why are there 50 middle aged woman in your room?"

Jacquelyn Cornell 1:53pm

"Family came a bit earlier than intended for Athena's wedding."
Read

"If you don't wanna get mobbed, don't come to my house hahaha."
Delivered

I walked back down to the basement and Elena, Maya, Cesar and Estevan sit at a coffee table playing some card game. Smoke filled the air and as I sat down Maya handed me a cigarette and puffed onto it.

"You guys don't get told off?" I questioned and Estevan shrugged his shoulders.

Their flawless skin gleamed in the light as their eyes twinkled. It sucked only being half Greek, not having the full access to the facial features to define me straight away as Greek.

Their accents were thick and I joined in with the game. The all spoke the Greek language effortlessly without any stutters or getting confused.

I tried to talk to them speaking Greek but I find it easier to listen to it then talk it, Greek school was a pain in the ass.

I took a long drag of my smoke and tapped off the ash at the end.
After they noticed I was struggling with conversation they switched back to English and we continued the game.

"How about we play Knucklebones?" Suggested Cesar, whipping out his lamb knuckles on the table.

In the middle of Elena's turn we were interrupted by heavy panting coming from the door. I quickly extinguish my cigarette and pretend like it never was there.

It's Rodrick, covered in red lip stick marks and red cheeks from being pinched.

"I told you not to come if you didn't want to get mobbed!" Sniggers fill the room after my comment and Rodrick smiles sheepishly.

"Ehh, that's okay.... at least I got to meet your Theia Helda."

My eyes widened.
"That crazy blind bat didn't harass you did she?" I pleaded.

Rodrick smiled.

"All the ladies want me." He states leaning back. What a cocky little shit.

"You're not Greek, you're not gonna get a chance with any of them, trust me."

Rodrick sat beside me. 

"Well, I do have a chance with you don't I?"

I rolled my eyes. "That doesn't count, I'm half Greek, smartass."

"So, what are we playing?"