15. Your room smells like shit!

[A/N I don't know how I feel about this 'series' I feel like I've changed Rodrick's whole demeanour and that I'm writing about a totally different character. I feel like he would be more awkward and tough in the book rather than how I interpreted in the story. Let me know what you think needs changing, or even if you're enjoying how it is so far. I don't think I've put enough effort into this book. E.g I've haven't been planning the storyline like usual and I'm going with the flow, which might be the reasoning behind my sloppy writing. I'll try to read more books so that I'm more aware how to write and make bigger and better plots. Lots of love Jackie xxx]

For the past 5 days, Rodrick slept over and got along well with my cousins. Today it was boiling in the room because of the water heater and it was the middle of July. I laid down reading a book fanning myself as the 2 electric fans weren't enough to keep us cool.

"Can you sit up?" I whined as my thighs got sweatier from Rodrick's heat and hair.

"Yeah, Sorry." He sat up and started banging his drumsticks on my legs.

I grabbed a handful of chips from the bowl and heaved them into my mouth.

"Are you coming down to the lake with us?" I asked. Rodrick looked up.

"Yeah, sure."

I smiled. "Come on, lets get out of here and get your stuff."

Rodrick grabbed his bag and we headed over to his place.

As soon as we got there I place all his dirty clothes from his bag into the wash.

"What are you doing?" He asked. "I still got another month till I wash those."

"Yuck Rodrick! Look I'll take care of these, go grab your bathers"

He started placing stuff in his bag, more so clothes.

He bag started to reek of 'BO'. I grabbed the bag and yanked all his clothes out, then placed them in the wash.

I walked over to his drawers and grabbed all his clothes that were scattered, rather then folded.

"Yuck Rodrick, your room smells like shit!"

After his draws were empty I placed all the clothes in the washing machine.

"Now what am I going to wear?"

"Just wait till I've finished washing this, I'll peg it out then you can pack them and wear them."

We walked downstairs and I sat at the table in the kitchen.

"You guys hungry?" Asked Mrs Heffley.

"Yes!" Moaned Rodrick earning a slap on the chest from me.

"What would you guys like?"

"You know what mom? I've been longing for some nachos, so if you could make that it would be great."

"What about you?" Asked Mrs Heffley pointing a plate at me.

"Can I just have some nachos too, if that's okay."

"Yes, sure." She headed over to cupboard and loaded out chips and salsa.

I walked to the fridge and poured drinks.

"Water Susan?" I asked.

"I'll have a lemonade if that's not a
biggie."

I handed everyone their drinks and sat next to Rodrick.

Mrs Heffley handed our food. "Thanks a lot!" I smiled.

Mrs Heffley stared at me and Rodrick weirdly. I looked down and started to eat my chips. A minute later i still felt her gaze on me. I looked up at her, her face puzzled and she smiled as soon as she saw my eyes.

"So, are you guys like a....... thing?"

I almost choked on my food.
"What? No? Never. Ew! I've never ever considered that!" Gawked Rodrick.

"Ew! What are you implying? He's just my friend! Never in a million years!" I shrieked.

"Okay, okay." She said raising her hands in defeat.

I looked back down at my food, wanting to leave the room. I finished my drink and washed my dishes.
"Thanks for having me, I'm so sorry I gotta go to get my mom's dress for the wedding."

"Bye Hun!" She called.

"See ya Jackie!"

"You can do that mom! It's not cool!" I heard Rodrick whisper.

I walked back over to my house and it took me ages to move through the crowd of my family to get to the basement.

Estevan and Cesar sat at the coffeetable smoking and playing card games. Other than them, the room was empty.

I sat beside them, observing the game. Every couple of second, a outburst of a unnecessary arguments would erupt.
I got up after 20mintues and headed for the door. It groaned as I opened it and I skipped up the stairs, searching for Helen.

Instantly, her green strand of hair stuck out and I pushed through the loud crowd. Helen stood there with a plate of food. Triopita's, Briam, spinach pie and loukomades laid on her plate. I whisped a triopita off her plate and ate it. "What's everyone so hype today, more hype than usual"  I questioned.
Helen laughed.

"Athena's coming today, with her soon to be husband." I nodded my head.

"No wonder why there is so much chaotic Greek energy."

"So are you coming to the lake this afternoon?" I asked.

"No, probably not. I have a few errands to run, for the bride of course. I'm sorry I can't come."

"That's fine, have you seen Will? I haven't seen him in 4 days."

"He's probably gaming upstairs with the younger cousins, trying to prove to everyone how great he is."

I made a bee line towards the stairs and  went towards his room, were my Theo's were supposed to be staying. In there sat Will, his eye glued to the screen. Knawing down on beef jerky.