9. Easter Sunday

Today was Easter and I dressed into my dress for church, for Grandma's sake. Hey, at least we will be getting presents.

I straightened my hair and placed a pearl necklace and earrings my Grandma gifted me as soon as she arrived.

I placed on wedges and walked downstairs, waiting for the time to go.

We all piled up into the car and drove off.

I followed behind Will into the church and I saw the Heffley's sitting in one of the rows. I walked over and sat beside Rodrick.

Will sat next to me and the rest of the family followed on.

"I had to wake up early because of this crap." Rodrick whispered.

"Tell me about it, doesn't help that my strict grandmother is here." I replied. We both laughed and sat in silence as the session began.

In the middle of praying I noticed Greg wearing a pink sweater around his waist. I waited till after praying to ask Rodrick.

"Why's he wearing that?" I whispered.

Rodrick look confused until I point towards his brother.

He flashed a smile and slid out the corner wrapper of a chocolate bar.

We both snickered silently then quieted down as it was 'mid session mint' time.
(I think that's what it's called, I'm a atheist and never went to church so idk)

Row at a time walked up to the priest and took a mint then walked back. It was our rows turn and I saw frank ushering Greg to get up.
I walked behind Rodrick to the front. I saw his foot stick out and step on the sweater.

The sweater fell down onto the floor and Greg paused.

"Poop!" A little girl alerted.
Everyone gasped in disgust.

"It's not poop! It chocolate!" Greg pleaded.

He grabbed his finger and wipe the brown spot and brought it to his lips, to prove that it was chocolate. Rodrick couldn't stop laughing.

Another gasp from the audience erupted and I shoved past Rodrick
"You're an ass." I whispered in his ear and picked up the sweater and put it on, handing Greg my black one. I tied it around his wait and Rodrick still cackled.

That's what sent Greg off. Next thing they were both on the floor, tackling. The Heffley's got kicked out and I sat alone for the rest of the session.

We drove back home and mom called the Heffley's to come over for brunch.
Greg walked in with a sad expression on his face. And yes, his pant were changed.

I gave Manny, Greg, Rodrick , Mr and Mrs Heffley a gift bag I made filled with all different chocolates, lollies and other things.

I got handed a half eaten and squished chocolate bunny from Rodrick. Then Mrs Heffley handed me a basket with spa necessities and a box of rich, swiss chocolate.

"Thank you." I smiled giving her a hug and giving each other a kiss on the cheek. (Y'all know what I mean like ones your aunts give you.)

I took all my presents from everyone and put them in my room. I chucked out Rodrick's gift because I remember seeing that bunny chilling under his pillow like all the other leftover food and pizza scattered in his bed.

I walked back downstairs and helped cook bagels and hot cross buns.
All the ladies were in the kitchen doing something while guys sat outside talking about sport and whatnot.
How cliché and sexist, I know.

Grandma walked off into the living room after scanning and making sure everyone was doing something.

I set the table and poured drinks.

"Come in and choses a seat, brunch is ready." I called out to the group of boys. I sat down with Susan sitting in front and Rodrick sitting beside me.

"So how's school going?" Asked Susan, trying to make up conversation.

I leaned my head on Rodrick's shoulder dramatically.
"Schools getting more...... hectic, I guess you could say." I sighed thinking of all the test, exams, college applications (because we like to organise 2 years prior.") and other stuff I had to do.

"What makes you say that?" Asked Frank, taking a bite out of his bagel.

"Incoming tests, applying for jobs, college application, trying to maintain a good sleep schedule and better grades." I listed.

"What do you mean college applications? Don't you have 2 more years of high school?" He asked.

"Like to get ahead with things earlier so it's all done."

Frank and Susan nodded their head in understandment.

"Rodrick hasn't even jumped to looking at colleges." Mrs Heffley said in a annoyed tone.

"Like he's even going to get into college!" Exclaimed Greg earning a kick under the table from Rodrick.

"Ow." He moaned.

I took a sip of my drink, finishing off the half of my bagel then decided I was full and carried my plate to the sink.

I sat back down at the table and for everyone else, this was the beginning of their feast.

The whole entire time Rodrick, Greg -and Will ate like pigs. Making my mother sick. I sat there just re-pouring my drink and drinking a couple of times to make it look like I was doing something instead of sitting awkwardly.

-

Everything was eaten I walked towards the sink to fill it up and start washing.

"Rodrick why don't you help Jackie out?" Asked Frank.

Roderick gave him a death stare then walked over to the towel and stood by the drying rack.

It was awkward between us, after being compared together academically, how we would look if we dated, which my grandma scowled and disapproved.

All the dishes were washed and I Rodrick took off his tie and I took off my wedges, earring and necklace.

The Heffley's left and I walked to my room to get ready for a movie. I changed and walked into the living room and my mother called out to me.

"Me and your dad are going to take grandma home! Lock the door behind us please."