Chapter 3.

It felt like the first day of school

I went through my closet three times, having a difficult time picking an outfit that I found suitable. In realty, anything in the closet would have worked but with it being my first official day as his assistant, I really wanted to impress.

I had woken up early to make sure I didn't have to rush. I had a shower, put my hair into loose curls, and had my first cup of coffee while doing my makeup. After a few items were thrown on the bed, I decided on a black pencil skirt that stopped just below my knees with a maroon silk blouse and a black blazer. I then grabbed a pair of black heels and then paired the outfit with a simple pair of diamond earrings and my watch on my left wrist.

Looking in the mirror, I decided if anything, I looked hot. That was good enough for me at that point. I grabbed my purse and then double checked that the laptop, iPad, and iPhone were all there along with anything else I would need. I checked the time and saw it was five minutes till breakfast.

"Perfect." I said to myself before hurrying out of the house. When I walked up to the golden front doors of the main house, a guard quickly pushed it open for me. I gave him a soft smile and uttered a thanks before making my way to the breakfast room.

Upon entering, Kazimir stood from his seat and offered me a smile.

"Good morning, Ms. Grace. You're right on time."

"Good morning, Mr. Zaostrovsky. You'll come to find I'm quite punctual."

"A good trait to have. Please, take a seat." He motioned to the same seat I had sat in the night before and waited to resume his place till I had. Once we were seated, the maids came forward and breakfast was placed on the table in serving dishes. There was toast, syrniki, bacon, sausage, eggs, Semolina porridge, black coffee and tea. There was so much food that I was slightly overwhelmed.

"Is that what I think it is?" I picked up a syrniki with the serving fork and a heard a soft chuckle come him as he nodded. He was beginning to seem quite easy going though I figured that would probably only be the case within the privacy of his home.

"If you think it's syrniki, then yes."

"I haven't had these in ages."

"Did your mother make them? You said she was Russian, yes?"

"Yes, she is. She would make these or bliny on Sunday mornings when I was growing up. It's been a while since I've been at their home for breakfast though."

"I'm not sure they'll be as good as your mom's but I'm sure they're excellent."

Breakfast was eaten in mostly silence after that aside from two things he had me jot down for later in the day. When we finished, he led me out back where I found a helicopter waiting for us. I could barely comprehend what I was seeing! There in the middle of the clearing was a helicopter pad with three armed guards circling it, as if some threat were going to come out of the thin air. There was also the pilot who stood by the open door. It felt like I was in some action movie.