Chapter 7.

I didn't see Kazimir on Saturday as he had bratva things to take care of

I didn't see Kazimir on Saturday as he had bratva things to take care of. On Sunday, I had my guards take me to my old apartment. I needed to get away from the mansion and I needed to talk to my best friend. I had spent the last 24 hours thinking about the kiss and what it meant, if it meant anything to him. It was torturous to think that way.

Had I made a mistake? Did I ruin things? This was my job and I made out with my boss! Ugh...

"Thank you, I'll probably be here a few hours. Should I call when I'm ready to leave?"

He shook his head, smirking at my attempt of dismissing him. He was taller than me with broad shoulders, buzzed blonde hair and blue eyes. He was one of the two that picked me up on my first Sunday. I later learned that his name was Alexie and he was charged with my personal protection.

"I'll be checking the apartment and then I'll wait outside. You know how it works by now, Ms. Grace."

I scoffed. "I don't know Alexie; I feel like I'm still figuring you guys out."

"Not much to figure out ma'am." He lead the way to the apartment, opening the lobby door for me and following me to the elevator. "Us men are simple creatures."

"You don't fall into the typical man category. Not only are you a Russian from Russia, but you're also a byki, my byki, and I'd like to think you weren't an ass hole."

He tried to cover up his laugh but failed, making me smile. Byki was the Russian word and bratva term for bodyguard. I guess, in some way, he was a cousin or a son of someone important that Kazimir trusted. No one else fit the bill for my byki aside from Alexie.

When we got to the apartment, I opened it up and was attacked by Maddison with a hug. She squealed and I laughed, hugging her back just as tightly.

"I've missed you so much!"

"And I've missed you too, it's been so busy!"

As Alexie moved past us and into the apartment, her eyes followed him for a moment before looking back at me.

"As attractive as that man is, who is he and why is he walking through the apartment?"

"That's Alexie, my byki... uhm like a bodyguard." I remembered she didn't speak Russian.

"You have a body guard now?" Her eyes held disbelief and I shrugged, not wanting to get into it.

"Strictly precaution."

"Eto vse ponyatno." Alexie gave me the all clear before allowing me inside and taking a spot out in the hall.

"He really is attractive though."

"Want me to find out if he's single?"

"I'd say yes but if he's following you around all day then no." We laughed. "Just see if he has some friends."