Chapter 4.

And we did learn to flow together, incredibly quickly may I add. It probably had something to do with being together as much as were but, by Friday we were flowing with ease. It probably had a lot do to with the folder that Alice had given me. It allowed us to forgo some of the growing pains that we would have otherwise had to go through.

When I caught up with my mother on the phone Wednesday night, she was overly thrilled about how well things were going. She had mentioned how working for someone like Mr. Zaostrovsky could be dangerous, I reassured her that we were constantly surrounded by armed guards and security cameras. I'm not sure if that helped or made her worries worse.

"Oh good! You're not busy!" Alice called as she walked into my office, a black garment bag was folded over her arm. "I picked up your dress for tomorrow! Do you want to try it on?"

Standing up, I came around my desk to stand near the sitting area next to her.

"I don't have time before lunch but let me see!" She quickly undid the zipper as I held the bag and pulled out a beautiful black dress with one sleeve. The right shoulder would be bare, and the left arm covered. "Oh, it looks beautiful, I can't wait to ware it tomorrow!"

"So, I did good?"

"I didn't doubt you for a minute. Thanks again for picking this up!"

"Of course, you didn't exactly have a lot of time. Honestly, we should probably get you stocked on evening dresses, he goes to quite a few night life events."

"Yeah, I'll schedule in time to shop between meetings." We laughed at that.

"Your lunch should be here any minute so I'm gonna go get that. Don't forget to take this home tonight." She folded the bag over the back of one of the chairs.

"You got it."

I grabbed my phone and then left my officer to go to Kazimir's, I didn't have to go far as it was only a few feet away. Knocking, I waited for him to call me in before opening the door. When I did walk in, I spotted him talking to two young men, probably around my age. They looked exactly identical with dark hair, light eyes, sharp jaws and designer suites. By the way their eyes raked up and down my body, I assumed they were also full of themselves.

"Ms. Grace, these are Nikolai's sons, Pyotr and Osip. Boys, this is my new assistant, Ms. Florence Grace." They stood to their feet as Kazimir had and came to shake my hand. I didn't miss the way their eyes filled with lust.

"Uncle, surely your hands are full with this one."

"We can take...." Osip started to finish his brother's suggestion but Kazimir's angry voice cut him off.

"Enough! Ms. Grace is to be treated with the upmost respect; do I make myself clear?"

I tried to fight my smile as the smirks on their faces were wiped clean and replaced with sudden fear. They started muttering apologies before hurrying out of the door just as Alice came in to set down the food. She shot me a questioning look, but I just looked back to Kazimir.

"I apologize for their immature behavior." He spoke once we were alone and sitting at the table near one of the windows overlooking the city. "Unfortunately, they grew up spoiled and have yet to learn proper manners. I'll be speaking about it to them later, I assure you."

"Mr. Zaostrovsky, I promise you I'm not offended. It's not the worst that's been said to me." He looked confused at that, like he was ready to defend my honor again. "Not recently, don't worry."

He nodded and turned to his food. It wasn't till we were done eating that he spoke up again. "I need you to schedule a meeting with Efrem Fedorov for tomorrow at 10:30."