Michi's Disguise

Zane and I are let out of the cage shortly after Ein makes sure our potions stay there after a time. He takes special care to be nice to us, and all I want to do is claw his eyes out. I wonder if Zane is like this as well? Can he see and hear everything that's happening?

I hope not, because he continually talks about how grateful he is he's related to Ein.

It makes me sick, hearing Ein speak to us about his stalker-self for Aphmau. And how much he hates Aaron.

I've never hated someone more.

"You understand the plan?" Ein says. "Go back to the lodge, and make sure not to arouse suspicion."

"Yes, brother!" We chirp, happy to serve.

PUNCH. HIS. NOSE!

"Good. Now, go into the woods, and if they ask you where you've been, you don't remember a thing of this place. Yes?"

"What place?"

"Good pawns. Now go back to the lodge!"

"Yes, brother!"

Zane and I start from the cave, coming out into the snowy woods in the middle of nowhere. We move towards the dark forest and leaving footprints for what feels like forever, until we finally see light in the distance.

We continue until we break out of the trees and see a familiar blond-headed, boob-brained someone shoveling the driveway. Garroth...

Zane and I walk straight up to him. He slowly turns around and his eyes bug out when he notices us. He gasps. "Zane?! Violet?!"

"Hm?" Zane asks.

"ZAAANE! VIOLET!!!" Garroth yells. He reaches out and hugs us both in bone-crushing embraces, literally lifting us off the ground. If I was me, I'd hug him back just as hard, and pick him up. But since I'm...

"GAAH!" Zane cries, pushing him away. "I" do the same.

"Get off us!" I hear myself order. "What do you think you're doing??"

"Ohh, Vi, Zane, I'm so glad to see you I---" Garroth squeals.

"How do you know our names??" Zane demands.

"Huh?" Garroth asks, his sweet, overprotective aqua eyes narrowing. "Zane, it's me! Your brother Garroth!"

"What the---" Zane laughs loud and hard. "You aren't my brother! You look nothing like him!"

"Zzzzzzane. Viiiiiiiii." Garroth says slowly. "It's me. Gar-roth."

"Pleasure to meet you, then." I say, holding my hand out.

Garroth gives me a weird look. "Your brother?"

"Ummm... Okaaaay then?" I laugh. "I think you need help."

"You aren't our brother, you don't look anything like him!" Zane chimes in.

"Zane?" Garroth asks, as if realizing we're not playing a prank. "Violet?"

Zane shakes his head. "C'mon, Vi, let's get inside."

I link my arm through his and we go inside the lodge. To say that our presence was a surprise is an understatement. Everyone inside freaks out, screaming at us and asking us a billion questions.

But neither of us can truly give the answer we want to.

And nobody has any idea of the danger we're in.

_________________________________

Even though nobody's reading this fanfic, I still love it. Violet is sweet.   (: