Feelings

Pearce's P.O.V

After Y/N had finished telling her story, I sat there in silence, processing everything she had told me. However, once it had all sunk in, I still couldn't find the right words to say. Not only that, but that story brought out feelings for her that I couldn't really explain.

I felt sympathy and sadness, for sure, but I also felt admiration for the girl who stayed strong through everything that happened in her life, who kept a secret that caused so much pain, and who, even with everything she had been through, still managed to be an amazing, kind, caring and funny person who acted as a great friend and a loving sister. I don't know why, but after hearing it all, I found myself drawn to her in ways that I didn't know of. I didn't really know what was happening to me. Blood rushed to my face every time I thought of her, butterflies fluttered around in my stomach like crazy, and I longed for a chance to hold her in my arms more than ever. She was already the best friend anyone could ever ask for, so what could possibly be happening to me that would make me feel this way?

After a few days of not knowing what to do with all of these newfound feelings, I decided to talk to Chandler about it. Me and her have become very close friends while we were on the set of Zombies 2, and since she knows things like this better than I do, I figured it would be good to catch up with her and learn.

I quickly rang her number while hoping that she wasn't doing anything important right now, tapping my foot nervously against the wooden floors of my home. I don't know why I was feeling nervous about all this, but the sensation just came to me and I didn't know what to do. Finally, after a bit of a long wait and as a great relief to me, she picked up.

"Hello?" I heard her say, and I smiled to myself at hearing her voice again.

"Hey Chandler, it's Pearce", I replied, grinning as she gasped with excitement.

"Hey Pearce! It's been so long since I heard from you! What's up man?" She exclaimed, and I burst out laughing at her excitement.

"It's nice to know that you're so excited to hear from me even though it hasn't been that long at all", I told her, still chuckling a little. "Nothing much is up, I just had a question that I needed to ask you".

"Okay, sure. Ask ahead", she replied, now listening intently on what I had to say. It was kinda scary how she could go from a super excited friend to a super serious mother-like figure. Just one of the things that makes her a good friend, I guess.

"Well, there's this girl...", I started off, before I was interrupted with yet another excited gasp from her.

"Wait, what? A girl? Pearcey, do you have a little crush on someone? Is that what you needed my advice on? Do you need to know how to ask her out?" She rushed out. She seemed so excited about it that I almost burst out laughing again.

"It's nothing like that", I replied, rubbing my head a little. I'm gonna get a headache if she keeps on squealing into my ear like this, to tell the truth.

"Oh, okay then. What about this girl then?" She asked, sounding genuinely curious now. I opened my mouth to reply, then stopped. How could I tell her this? Surely Chandler would ask questions about Y/N, but how was I supposed to answer them without giving away our secret? Should I make something up, or just give the basics? In the end, I just decided to go along with whatever happened and think up some sort of answer. "Well, I met this girl a while ago. Her name's Y/N, and we've become best friends, right? But now, after getting to know her even more, there are these feelings that I get every time I talk to her, or even think about her, and I don't know what they are. I was hoping you could tell me", I told her, listening for a response.

"Okay, sure. Give me these "feelings" or whatever and I'm sure I can work 'em out for you", she replied.

I nodded even though I knew she couldn't tell what I was doing, then I told her everything, from the butterflies to the blushing. When I'd finished, Chandler sat silent for a moment, but when she spoke I could literally hear the smirk in her voice. "Pearcey, you definitely like her", she told me, and I froze a little at hearing those words. Like her? As in, like like her? Or just like her as a friend? Sighing to myself, I knew that Chandler was right, and I did like her. Not just as a friend though. Come to think of it, it should've been pretty obvious. I know all the signs of when someone has a crush on someone else, but I never realised that I would feel that myself. Well, not anytime soon, anyway. Yet, now that I thought about it, saying that I had a crush on Y/N felt a step down to what I actually felt. So, being the honest person that I am, I told Chandler that.

"I'm actually not sure that these feelings are just for a small crush. I mean, it makes sense now, but I feel like that's a step down from my actual feelings. I don't know why, but it just feels that way. I can't explain it, but I know my feelings for her are stronger than a simple crush". I spoke with such confidence in my voice that I surprised myself. One second I'm asking Chandler for advice, the next I'm denoting it saying that I felt something stronger. I honestly confuse myself half the time.

When Chandler had taken in this new information, she gasped for the millionth time in that phone call. "Oh my God, Pearce. If you don't have a crush, then there's only one other explanation. You're falling in love with her".

I was stunned. Never in my wildest dreams could I imagine that being a possibility in this instance. You generally don't love someone who you've only met a few weeks ago. However, when Chandler said those words, something clicked in me and it instantly felt right. I couldn't deny it, because something in me told me to just accept those words. I stood there in silence, still shocked over my newfound revelation, when Chandler cut in. "Pearce, you're falling in love with this girl. I can't believe it. Who is she? What does she look like? What is she like? Actually, you know what, we'll have this conversation later with everyone else, coz I've gotta tell the cast about this. They'll be so shocked!" She laughed, then she hung up without another word.

I could barely breathe. All this time, I had no idea what my feelings meant, and even though I had had a sneaking suspicion that it was something stronger than friendship, I never thought it would end up being this. But now, standing in the kitchen with a phone in my hand and Chandler's words in my head, I had a huge realisation.

I was falling in love with Y/N.