Feelings 2

Y/N didn't know why, but after revealing everything about her past to Pearce, she felt closer to him. Sure, he was the first person to ever know her big secret, so that obviously meant something, but there was something else about her soulmate that just drew her to him even more than usual.

The way that he had accepted her for who she was, even after he learned about her past, made the girl feel a warmth and connection to him that she couldn't describe. It was also a completely new feeling for her, even though she already had a small crush on him as an actor. There was just something... special about Pearce that formed a special emotion in her. Y/N didn't know what it was, or how to deal with it, but the tingling sensation in her stomach every time she thought of him would never go away, the rapid pace of her heart would never slow down as she communicated with him, and the yearning for him to just be with her grew stronger everyday, no matter how hard she tried to conceal it.

Y/N had never felt something like this before, and as much as she willed it to go away in fear of letting down her guard, it just wouldn't stop bothering her. In fact, she was beginning to show it on the outside too, blushing randomly every time she thought of the deep brown eyes and beautiful smile that had made her attracted to him in the first place. When this happened, Y/N had tried to steer clear of her sister, not wanting to seem suspicious or strange anymore than normal. Olivia, however, being the observant little sister that she was, occasionally noticed her older sister's blushing outbursts and grew extremely confused when they happened. It was a change in her sister she didn't understand, and Y/N didn't understand it either.

However, the girl didn't care much anymore about her little sister's growing suspicions as she was desperately trying to figure out what was happening to herself. Only one conclusion seemed to work everything out, but Y/N was quick to disclaim it as being too far-fetched. Yet, as these feelings persisted, she couldn't help but wonder if her previous assumptions were true.

Could she be falling in love with him?

No. She couldn't be. Surely there was some other explanation for whatever was happening. A chemical imbalance of hormones or something. She had never been good at science, but even that was easier to believe than the thought of falling in love with someone whom she had only met a few weeks ago. Plus, she wasn't that type of person...was she?

Shaking her head to try and rid herself of these confusing thoughts, Y/N decided to get some of her chores out of the way before her parents got home and reprimanded her for not doing them. Actually, they probably wouldn't even notice. Sighing, the girl went to the sink to start doing the dishes, furiously scrubbing everything she could get her hands on in order to distract herself from the thoughts and feelings that had muddled up her mind. She was surprised that Pearce hadn't responded to any of this, but she hadn't heard anything from him either, so it was supposedly alright. 

The girl was honestly surprised with herself. She wasn't normally this stubborn or resistant about anything, so why was it just her feelings towards Pearce that caused this much of a reaction? Maybe it's coz she was an extremely guarded person who didn't like showing emotions that much? Sighing once more, Y/N put down the dish she was washing and leaned against the countertop, rubbing her head. This was gonna give her a headache if she didn't stop trying to figure it out like this. What she really needed was someone to turn to for advice. Someone who she could trust would give her a reasonable answer to all of these problems. Obviously it couldn't be Pearce, and it definitely wasn't going to be her parents. There were also no other friends that she could go to for something like this, considering the fact that anyone she was ever remotely close to had either been pushed away or they didn't know her well enough. Technically, Y/N was alone in this big wide world, with no one but Pearce and...

Y/N shot up from her slumped state. Olivia was bound to know something about these feelings, since she was more knowledgeable in this area. Skipping up the stairs, the girl was about to knock on her sister's bedroom door when she suddenly caught herself. What was she doing? She couldn't just waltz in there and ask Olivia to explain emotions to her without question. Even though she was younger than Y/N was, she was still smart and old enough to know when something was up, and this was definitely one of those times. Olivia would want to know why these questions were being asked, and questions ultimately lead to answers, which Y/N couldn't give because of her and Pearce's secret connection. Still, she needed to find out what was going on with these weird emotions, so she resigned herself to make something up on the spot and walked through the door. Olivia was sitting on her bed reading a book (and this time it was real, not as a coverup for a secret telepathic conversation), but she looked up when her older sister entered the room. 

"Hey Y/N, what do you want?" She asked, closing the book but keeping her thumb in it so as not to lose her page. "Well..." Y/N hesitated before speaking. "Well, I came in here to ask you something. There are these... feelings, that I've been experiencing, but I can't explain them and I have no idea what they are. So... I was hoping you would know something about it."
Olivia stared at her older sister in slight shock. After all, it wasn't often her sister asked her for advice. She quickly recomposed herself and then, in her most grown-up voice possible, asked, "And what are these feelings, Miss L/N?" Y/N stifled a giggle. This had obviously turned into a little game.
"Well, Dr L/N, there's this boy I know, and every time I talk to him, or even think of him, I get this tingling sensation in my stomach, my heart starts to beat rapidly, and I blush so much I turn into a tomato. Also, I just want to be around him all the time. What could this mean?" Y/N asked, getting more and more desperate to know the answer.
Olivia chuckled and patted her sister on the hand. "Miss L/N, it appears that you have a crush on this boy. It's ok to have one, you know. It's all natural, so don't be scared or ashamed. I'm just surprised you didn't figure it out sooner", she added humorously.
"But that's the thing, Olivia!" Y/N exclaimed, no longer playing their little game. "I'd know if it was a crush. But this feels stronger than that. I just..." She sighed, not meaning to get too enthusiastic. "I just can't explain it".
Olivia took some time to think about this further, then, as if having an epiphany, she gasped. "Y/N..." She began in a whisper. "You're falling in love with him".
And there it was. The one thing that Y/N had been trying to deny. Trying to blow off as just something else that wasn't important. But, deep down, she knew her sister was right. There wasn't any other explanation. Reluctantly, Y/N responded. "I guess you're right", she said.
Y/N was falling in love with Pearce.