Trouble

A/N: The following chapter contains violence/abuse. Please use discretion and read at your own risk.

The ride back from the photoshoot was not like the ride there. It was filled with Y/N's excited chatter about all that had happened and how cool the while thing had been, which was an extremely rare thing to hear from her. Nevertheless, Pearce listened to her unrelenting talk with a smile, secretly proud of himself for bringing this happiness to her.

After what seemed like only a few moments together, Pearce pulled up at the curb right next to Y/N's house, still smiling brightly as she hopped out.
"Well, I'm glad you enjoyed that", he told her, a genuine grin on his features. "Next time I'm stuck going to a photoshoot, I'll make sure to take you with me".
The girl giggled lightly, calming down and resuming her reserved personality but with a smile etched into her face. "Thanks so much for taking me, Pearce. It was so nice getting out of the house, and I had more fun than I've had in...a while", she said, not mentioning that the last time she had true fun was the day she lost her sister.
He smiled back at her, and they could've gotten lost in each other's eyes once more if it wasn't for Y/N remembering she had to clean the house and make dinner for her parents.

"Well, I'll see you soon, Pearce", she stated softly, slowly walking back towards the house.
"Can't wait for it", he called as he drove away, making Y/N laugh.

Everything about that day seemed to be going perfectly, and the girl had planned to stay in that happy-go-lucky state of mind if it wasn't for the fact that her parents were there as soon as she opened the door.

She gasped slightly at the look on their faces, one of absolute hatred and disgust. One where, if looks could kill, she'd be as dead as...no. She wasn't going to let her mind wander there. She'd had a perfect day, and there was no need to let that go away.
Realising that her parents were waiting for her to say something, she spoke.
"Um, good afternoon father, and mother. I hope you had a good day at work. I'll get straight to making dinner if it pleases you", she said, bowing her head slightly in respect. She never liked having to do this, they were her parents after all, but she didn't want to make them even more mad at her than they already were.

They said nothing, however the scowls on their tired features deepened, and all at once Y/N knew she was in trouble when her mother held up her phone.
Taking a closer look, she gasped once more and almost started trembling right there and then, because on that phone were pictures - millions and millions of pictures - of her and Pearce, on the floor, laughing and just being together at a place where Y/N was sure she was never supposed to go to.

Sighing heavily, she mentally cursed herself over and over for thinking that this would get past her parents. They never liked the media, especially ever since her sister died and they became a feature of every news story. "Daughter of local family killed in sledding accident", "Young girl suffocated by snow while sledding", "Parents of young Lily Y/L/N grieving for lost daughter". Everything from that day came flooding back into her mind, and she had to will her tears not to fall. Not now. Not ever.

Recollecting the fact that her parents were still there and still mad at her, Y/N decided that the only thing she could really do was apologise.
"I'm so sorry. I know I'm not supposed to go out without your permission, and I know I'm supposed to stay away from the media. It won't happen again, I assure you". No need to bring Pearce into this, as she knew it was all her fault.

It always is.

"What do you think, dear?" Y/N's mother spoke for the first time, her eerily slow, calm voice unsettling her. "Do you think it won't happen again?"

The girl kept her head down, too afraid to look her father in the eyes but willing him to believe her. She didn't want to know what would happen if he didn't.