Better Than A Dream

Time had stopped. Every surrounding thing became a blur. The only thing that Y/N's mind registered were the two entrancing, deep brown orbs that stared back at her, and the frantic pounding of her heart against her ribcage. A million thoughts raced through the girl's head, but none of them made any sense as she stood there, speechless, as the moment she and been waiting for for so long finally came into play. An overwhelming urge to step at least a little bit closer overtook her body, and after what seemed like ages, her feet moved a tiny bit towards the person who her heart had longed for ever since she revealed her true self to him. This couldn't be happening, could it?

Pearce's P.O.V
As I stood in front of that park bench, the world passing by so idly around me, one thought came into my head.

She was even more beautiful than I had imagined.

Sure, I had had pictures in my head of what she could've looked like, and they all seemed to fit what I wanted. But here, standing in front of the real person, I realised that she was so much better than anything I could've ever thought up.

Her beautiful E/C eyes sparkled as she looked at me, tinted with an excitement that couldn't be expressed through words, and her eyelashes seemed to give a delicate yet shy cover, but it just added to her beauty. Her perfect-shaped face had the most attractive S/C skin I had ever seen, and her lips were smooth and just a little bit darker than the rest of her, but the slight smile that had etched its way on brightened them up just a little bit more. And then, carving amazingly around her face, was the silkiest looking H/L, H/C hair that I had ever seen.

As I finished taking in her stunning features, I started to notice the rest of her body. She was a little bit smaller than me, which I appreciated, and she was slim, but not like a toothpick, which I loved. She had a gentle, quiet look about her, but I knew that there was a hidden strength that could be brought out at any moment, and even though she was standing there rather awkwardly, I saw it as her posing for a painting by the greatest artist in the world, because she looked so perfect.

I didn't know how long I had been staring, entranced by her beauty, when she suddenly stepped a little bit closer to me. My heart started thumping wildly around in my chest, and I took a sharp but silent intake of breath before I mirrored her actions and slowly started moving around the bench as well. Time seemed to pass so slowly, until finally, there we were, standing in front of each other, gazing into each other's eyes....

Normal P.O.V
Pearce and Y/N were now standing before each other, closer than she could've ever dreamed about. She was looking up into his captivating eyes, and he was looking into her's. They say the eyes are the window to the soul, and Y/N could see that right now, he was excited, but nervous at the same time. Exactly how she felt. The girl didn't know what to say, and so she tried she's to focus on her breathing, trying to quiet it down so he didn't see how heavy it was. She was finally standing before the person who had become her closest friend, comfort, and, as much as it was strange to admit it, he was the one she loved, although she couldn't ever tell him that. She subconsciously smiled slightly. Pearce just had an encapsulating aura around him that could make anyone happy, and so far, she could feel it so easily. Snapping back to reality, Y/N started to feel a little awkward now that they had been staring into each other's eyes for quite some time, and so she decided to say something.

"I can't believe it's really you", she said, though it came out as nothing more than a meek whisper.

Pearce's lips turned upwards lightly before he broke out into a full-blown grin. "And I can't believe it's really you", he replied, gazing at her with a soft look in his Bambi brown orbs. Then, without even thinking, he added, "You're even more beautiful than I imagined you'd be".

Y/N blushed furiously, shyly looking towards the ground in order to hide her flaming cheeks. She wasn't expecting a compliment on her looks, that's for sure. "Thanks", she muttered, trying to hide the little smile that was showing her internal emotions. Pearce turned a bit pink himself, before clearing his throat and trying to regain his face's normal colour. "So, I'm guessing that this wasn't what you expected to happen when you decided to go on a walk, huh?" He joked, chuckling. Y/N's mouth tweaked up at that, feeling so much more comfortable just by hearing his playful, genuine laugh.

"Nope, not at all", she replied truthfully, catching onto Pearce's laughter. "What are the odds though? It's kinda like...fate, or something". Pearce hummed in agreement. "Well, we are soulmates. I guess this is just what the universe planned for us". "Yeah..." Y/N agreed, drifting off into thought. If the universe did this, the girl had to admit that she liked it. Even though she hadn't wanted to meet Pearce today, she was glad she did now.

A comfortable silence settled over the pair, both of them lost in their own thoughts. As Y/N looked up at Pearce once more, she noticed him staring at her, an unreadable expression in his eyes.

"Hey, is everything okay?" She asked, tentatively reaching forward to grab his hand.

As soon as she did, she felt sparks fly and her face heated up slightly. His hand was so warm and smooth, yet it was strong, and the girl wished she could hold it more. Pearce obviously wasn't expecting the sudden contact, coz his face turned pink once again.

Clearing his throat, but not making an effort to move his hand, he started to speak again.

"Hey Y/N?" He asked softly, looking into her shining E/C eyes.

"Yeah Pearce", she responded, perking up at his gentle voice.

"Well, there's just something I've wanted to do ever since you told me your story, and I was wondering if I could do it".

Intrigued, Y/N nodded, and she was instantly engulfed in a sweet hug. At first she was surprised, but after a few seconds she wrapped her arms around him too and embraced his warmth. He smelt nice, and even though the girl couldn't put a finger on what it was, she loved it anyway. This was what she had dreamed of doing for a long time, and she was gonna make the most of it.

Standing there, completely oblivious to the world around them, Y/N came to a realisation.

This was even better than a dream.