❪ 𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄 ❫

❛ PROLOGUE ━━ TO BE BRAVE ❜𖤐¸𓍢 ━━ ❪ ACT ONE OF SOULBOUND ❫ ˖ ୧ 。◟ ✦ ARE YOU A SUPERHERO? ❞

PROLOGUE ━━ TO BE BRAVE
𖤐¸𓍢 ━━ ❪ ACT ONE OF SOULBOUND ❫ ˖ ୧ 。
◟ ✦ ARE YOU A SUPERHERO?

     DEAN KNUCKLED THE STEERING WHEEL of his Chevy Impala with a bitter tug on his lips. His eyes were tired and strained, unable to concentrate on the road. His brother. That seemed to be the only thing occupying his mind. It was just hours ago when his little brother jumped into the Pit, a sacrifice that left Dean feeling uneasy and sick. To think, Sam never wanted much in life; finish college, become a lawyer, marry his girlfriend.

But, no one ever gets happy endings in their line of business and the fear in Sam's eyes when he willingly threw himself into that Pit was another constant reminder that all Hunters die painfully, always.

That thought alone will forever haunt Dean.

Sam was gone. That was that, no changing it. He was stripped of the life he could've lived if Dean hadn't dragged him back to square one. And now Dean was alone, wishing his life ended a long time ago.

It didn't matter who or what Dean surrounded himself with, he easily slipped into the fleeting numbness of his brain. Once the alcohol was flushed from his system, the survivor was left alone with every single emotion that ate him up inside. Because the second he was alone with his thoughts, Dean was back to square one, back to thinking about his brother, back to thinking about Lucifer and Michael.

Back to wishing that he could have done more.

The volume on the cassette was too loud. It played the music that Dean had listened to over and over again since he was a boy, the songs he knew by heart, which were entwined with memories that always made him smile.