.⋆。˚◯● Liar ● ◯˚。⋆.

·̩̩̥͙**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚  ˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*·̩̩̥͙

I rested my body on the blankets excused as my bed. I looked over to the book next to me. I looked over to the lantern next to me, deciding to light it up. I grunted rasing the book up to read the text. 'Expelling of Yokai' I squinted my eyes continuing to overlook the script...

Lately there had been recent reports of a troublesome yokai around the town. Luckily, Kokichi Ouma has provided me with enough information to start assessing my investigation..

"So if there's been reports of energies being consumed, possession, mischief, and a small arson.. A demon maybe? No.."

I heard a loud knock from the outside of my room. My head flinched up from pure surprise. I felt my adrenaline spike. It could be my father but I doubt hes up this late.. I grabbed my broom from the side of my room and held a tight grip to it. I slowly walked toward the sliding door making sure not to make a single sound as I walked along the tatami mats. I slid the door slowly to be met by a tiny figure.

"Kokichi!" I hit him with the side of my broom annoyed. "You terrible, Oni!" He smirked. "Nishishi... I'm sorry to bother you this late at night my dear exorcist, but theres been word around the town." He twirled his unnaturally deep purple hair. His horns revealed themselves to me as he tilted his head. "Enlighten me.." He looked down at his sharp nails filling them against a strange object. "Well.. I heard around from Ms. Tojo that Akamatsu-san has been having fainting spells recently. She hasn't had any pre-existing medical conditions so it's very uncommon that it came out of nowhere." I hummed. "Strange.. Do you have any idea who might be behind this?" He snickered. "Ah.. My beloved exorcist. Who knows?" I raised a brow. "You do obviously." He grinned. "Maybe I do.. or perhaps I'm lying." I pulled a familiar piece of paper from my pocket with familiar kanji written on it. "Kokichi." He squeaked. "No need to be hasty!" He raised his hands. "Alright then... Its perhaps the popular handsome young man. Ah, what was his name? Shumai..?" He tapped his chin playfully. "Do you perhaps mean Shuichi Saihara?" He sighed. "You catch on too fast, (Y/n).." He crossed his arms fixing up his hair and putting away his horns in the process.. "Thank you for the information, Kokichi." He waved. "Anything for my beloved, exorcist." I rolled my eyes as he departed.

I slid the door closed and groaned. I should have asked him if he had any kind of clue what yokai it could have been. I closed the book figuring I should get to bed. I blew the light from my lantern away and rested my body.

*・゚゚・*:.。..。.:*゚:*:✼✿

I awoke to the sound of a knock again. Almost as if someone fell. Goodness, Kokichi. It couldnt have been less that a few hours since I fell asleep... I opened my eyes hesitantly rubbing them. I yawned grabbing my broom again. I swear... I again slid my door open only to be greeted by the slim male I had bumped into earlier tonight. Only this time he looked severely difrerent! He was adorned with white fox ears and several tails. I couldnt help but back away. What else am I supposed to do. I've never dealt with a kitsune before! And at that not one this powerful! He moved closer. I backed up in caution.

"I'm sorry miss.. I-" It seemed that no matter how I far I would inch away he would come closer. The next thing I knew we both tripped. "Ah-!" I shrieked as he fell besides me. "Miss! Are you okay?!" I looked at his jewel drapped across his neck. That must be his star ball! I and grabbed it out of instinct. "Dont come any closer!! Or I'll... I'll break it!" He looked at me pleading. "Give my ball back!" The ball revealed it's true form upon being separated from him. "Miss.. I promise I mean you no harm.." I sat up straight attempting to gather my composure. "Sit down, Kitsune." I placed the ball in the middle of us. "State your intentions.."