.⋆。˚◯● Unwanted Reward ● ◯˚。⋆.

·̩̩̥͙**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚  ˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*·̩̩̥͙

We walked together side by side in the street attempting to look as inconspicuous as possible. We were planning on paying Ms. Shirogane as visit. As we walked along the streets Shuichi wrapped his arm around me closer. His hand shaking with me in his grasp.

"Is everything okay, Shu..?" He simply just nodded. Whispers were heard around us. "You're a terrible liar, you know..?" He frowned. "Everything will be alright. As long as you mask your powers everything should go as planned.." I overlapped his hand with mine. His expression softened. "Thank you.." The closer we got to the inn more gossip we heard.

"Is the high priests child and Mr. Saihara..?"

I glared at wherever the whispers came from. Shuichi just laughed at me. "And you wonder why you're so unpopular.." I gave him a playful shove. "Oh you!" His small moment of boldness ended once we reached the inn. Only to be greeted by the suspect herself. "Oh! (L/n) and Saihara! It's nice to see you again! Is there any particular reason you both came here?" I nodded smiling at Saihara. "We just wanted to pay a visit to you and your inn is all." Her eyes sparkled. "Oh how sweet! Wanting to visit plain old me!" She hugged us both causing Shuichi to freeze up. Letting us go she smiled. "I'll show you two to your rooms."

I studied her completely. Her star ball had to be disguising itself as something but what... She wore too many jewels despite labeling herself as plain. I then spotted something. As flower like pin holding together her bun. That has to be it! I pulled at Saihara's sleeve. He nodded guessing I had spotted it.

"This is your room! Please dont be afraid to call for me if you need anything! My room is down the hall." Shuichi bowed and smiled. "Of course."

She left us be. I slid the door close. "Did you see it?" I raised a brow. He shook his head. "That cant be it. I didnt sense any power from it.." I hummed. He moved closer. "I think it maybe that necklace of hers.." I pulled at his causing it to dangle around his neck. "Like yours?" His cheeks darkened. "Ah.. Yes. Maybe.." He looked away sheepishly. "Anyhow... Let's rest for now.. We'll wait for around 3 until we strike." He nodded. I quickly made my way to the bed. Shuichi just stood there awkwardly. "Arent you coming..?" He refused to look at my direction. "Th.. Theres only one bed." I rolled my eyes. "The floor tonight it is.." I took the blanket down with me as I rested on the clean tatami mat. I sat down on the floor next to me. "I never opposed to the idea.. It is to be expected this is a lovers inn afterall.." I groaned aloud. "It either the floor or the bed for you, you coy kitsune!" He rested next to me on the floor turning away. "You foolish kitsune.." I covered him with the blanket as we rested next to eachother. My foolish kitsune..

*・゚゚・*:.。..。.:*゚:*:✼✿

I opened up my eyes lazily staring above me. What time is it...?
I then heard shuffling around our room. As much as I wished to wake up Shuichi it wasnt an option. I couldnt blow our cover. In order to alert whoever it was I moved myself closer to Saihara grasping for him. Making myself appear like I'm still in an unconscious state. I felt our weight shift. All I could hear was shallow breathing. My eyes shot open to reveal Ms. Shirogane attempting to grab Shuichi's necklace.

"SHUICHI!" I pushed her off instinctively. Shuichi jolted up in a fright. His eyes widened as he looked at his star ball.  Ms. Shirogane's eyes widened. "You two!" She yelled  revealing her true form to us in a fit. Eight tails!! I looked back to Shuichi in a panic. He revealed his true form as well lunging at her taking off her supposed "star ball." But it was just a necklace. Shuichi unguarded was hit with flames.  His body being tossed to the side. She stood above him taking his star ball. "Shuichi!" She towered above me. "How foolish.." She moved closer towards me. I held out my ofuda in defense only for it to shrivel in my hands. She jumped towards me with Shuichi's main source of power still held in her hand. "I'll make this quick.."

As if for a short moment it felt as if time froze. As she was about to burn me into a crisp her hair was let loose. Her star ball revealing itself and a taller slender male behind her. Breaking the ball in one fell swoop she reverted back into a fox like creature with a singular tail. Just a regular harmless spirit... I looked back up to my partner as he picked up his source of power. He kneeled down to where I had been. He wrapped his arms around me hugging me tightly.

"Thank goodness..." I petted his ears and head smiling with him. Admiring his beauty in this form.. Only to feel my heart sink when looking in back of him.. I felt my voice waver slightly.

"Shuichi.. Your eighth tail.."