Chapter 1

Story begins here...

Sonic's arch-nemesis, Doctor Eggman, tried multiple times to take over the world and defeat Sonic the Hedgehog. As he was always defeated by the blue blur, revenge always came. As more revenge came, Sonic still won.

This time, a new plan appeared in his mind as part of his revenge and began to work on it at his laboratory.

At the laboratory, there were rows of stasis tubes containing a mishmash of red cubes in varying degrees of decay that floated aimlessly about in the clear liquid. In the middle of the room was the main console and its screen which displayed his newest creation.

"Sonic... how I hate him." Eggman started.

The only two that were there to hear him were his two robot assistants, Cubot and Orbot. The former was scrubbing away at one of the many tubes while the latter typed away at the console, both of them listened to intently to their master.

"And all of that loathing has been focused into this invincible instrument of destruction!"

He pointed at the chamber that Cubot was wiping and he walked towards it.

"Every defeat, every humiliation at that hedgehog's hands will be returned a thousand fold by invincible creation!"

He pushed Cubot away as Eggman looked on at it with a prideful grin.

"This is my dream come true... With this invention, I can expand the Eggman Empire across the globe and conquer the world!"

With that he began to out an evil laugh.

"The boss means business this time." said Orbot.

"Uh-huh." Cubot nodded in agreement.

The doctor laughed evilly as his creation inside the tube looked at him and balled its hands into fists.

---------

Right now, Sonic's location was in Green Hill Zone. He have been writing a letter for someone and kept the letter in his shoes before he's going for a run to send the letter to her. While having a good run through grassy plains, large hills and some formations of loop-de-loop, his communicator beeped and someone's calling him.

"Sonic! Eggman's forces are surging into the city. We need you here now!" Tails called.

"Hold on, Tails. I'm on my way!" replied Sonic while running.

And so he was off like a shot, zooming across a long stretch of land high above the sands. Time to save the day. He knew that if he wanted to get to the city there was no time to waste.

"Gotta get there fast! I hope everyone's alright."

As he continued running, he found Eggman's robots stationed on his path.

"This is getting interesting." he said and rammed through the bots and continued on his way, "Piece of cake. Those tin cans aren't a problem to me."

But his run on Green Hill Zone ended as he ran to the desert where a giant sandworm was visible in the distance.

"Geez, is this desert still called Green Hill?" he thought as he looked around and saw nothing but sand, "There's sand everywhere! Green Hill's looking a lot more like 'Sand Hill' right now."

He went on running on the sandy path and more bots were on his way.

"Man, this place is a wreck. Thanks, Eggman! Now one of my favorite spots is ruined!"

He rammed into whatever Eggman robots came in his way. Just a little bit more and he'd be in the city.

"This is it for Green Hill, so the city must be close. Hang on, guys! I'm coming!"