Reunited

*J.K. Rowling owns all of the characters.*

TONKS ZOOMED THROUGH THE corridors of Hogwarts, her wand held tightly in one hand. The Battle of Hogwarts was still ongoing, sparks of light flying through the air as wizards and witches dueled, their bodies a blur of limbs and robes.

Some of the walls were in ruins, the pillars down and broken. The animated statues of the school became furious at this, and used their spears (or heads) to take down enemies, who cowered in pain.

The witch deflected spells thrown by Death Eaters, not wanting to duel with them, or having the time for it. Tonks passed unrecognizable bodies as she aimed for the doors, wondering where Remus might be.

"Remus." Tonks whispered, quickening her pace. "Remus, Remus, Remus—"

Her husband was dueling with Antonin Dolohov. She had to find him, help him defeat that hideous Death Eater and—

"Well, well." a voice behind her chuckled. Tonks froze. "If it isn't my favorite niece."

She turned. Bellatrix Lestrange was standing before her, a few centimeters away from the corridor she'd passed. Her aunt's hair was as messy as usual, curls settling below her shoulders. She was smiling at Tonks now—that crazy smile which had frightened and killed lots of people.

"Shocked?" Bellatrix smirked, taking one step closer. "I won't hurt you, Nymphadora." she laughed, but her eyes remained focused on Tonks's beating heart. "It will be something much, much easier..."

Bellatrix raised her wand, sending sparks flying through the air. Tonks counterattacked before the spell hit her. Her eyes narrowed, assessing Bellatrix, who seemed as if she were playing a very interesting game. The witches circled each other, daring the person who would fire the next attack. Tonks did.

"Stupefy!" she screamed, pointing her wand at the Death Eater. Bellatrix moved out of the way, hissing before launching herself at Tonks. Their wands released huge beams of light—one after the next—their bodies a rhythm of defense and attack. Tonks was already heaving for breath after a few minutes, her brow lined with sweat. She moved aside as another spell lunged itself at her.

"You're fast, aren't you?" Bellatrix seethed, eyeing Tonks with annoyance before she moved again.

The Death Eater aimed for Tonks's left, her wand raised. Tonks sidestepped for defense, but Bellatrix feinted at the last second, catching the witch off-guard. Bellatrix then kicked Tonks from the side, causing her to hit the ground—hard.

"You should have known better." Bellatrix said, imitating a sad, disappointed voice. Then she grinned. "It's a pity to kill such a...talented family member."

Tonks tried to stand, but Bellatrix held her in place with one foot, her eyes glowing with such craziness that Tonks was inclined to look away. Bellatrix lifted the witch's chin and smiled.

"Farewell, pretty niece."

There was a spark of green light.

Tonks was gone.

**~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~**

TONKS STOOD IN A HUGE forest, mist curling around her legs. The clouded path before her appeared uneven, littered with twigs and yellowed leaves. Banyan trees loomed to her left and right, their branches intertwining to create large horns. Here, the grass became tall and pointed. She heard creatures howling in the distance.

Wait. Where was she?

The forest looked unfamiliar, so she couldn't have gone here before. Merlin, what force had brought her here?! The place seemed so far away from Hogwarts, so far away from where she—