Chapter 3

Chapter 3

One minute I was on top of the world, grinning like a mad woman due to my cunning victory, and the next thing I knew I was staring solely at the backside of my kidnapper.

          "Please, please stop screaming," Talon pleaded for the hundredth time in the time span of about ten seconds.

          "After you let me go," I spat out before feeling a headache coming along due to my endless cries for help and the fact that I was dangling down someone's shoulder.

          "We both know that's not going to happen."

          "Put me down!" I screamed while repeatedly kicking Talon and punching his bare back with as much force as I could muster

          "No can do," Talon replied coolly, clearly unaffected by my dramatic plea for freedom, or by the blows he had received courtesy of yours truly.

          "You son of a bitch," I cursed acidly.

          "You're too pretty to swear," Talon stated as he continued to stroll carelessly along a pathway that was foreign to me.

          "Then it's a good thing that mentally unhinged kidnappers aren't my type," I retorted.

          "If you weren't currently staring at my ass I might believe you."

          I glared at his precious damn butt, right there and then, hoping I'd burn a hole and it'd catch on fire.

          My legs swung back again and I kicked Talon's leg as hard as I could. I felt his back tense but he kept quiet, holding my legs tighter against his hands. I could just feel him rolling those stunning eyes that he totally didn't deserve, at my struggle.

          "Don't touch me," I warned Talon venomously.

          "Whatever you want," he replied, and then let go of my legs for a second so that I'd fall. 

          I yelped and wrapped my arms around his torso in reflex, not wanting to go face first into the ground. He tensed but only for a second. I was even sure he laughed as he held my legs just as quick as he had released them.

          "You bastard."

          "Hey, I was just following orders, sweetheart."

          "For the seventh time, I'm not your sweetheart," I reminded Talon icily.

          What really bugged me was that although I hated the pet names, his words seemed to send my body into overdrive. It was sick, really. We were probably on our way to his sex dungeon where he was going to have his wicked way with me, and my arm was more focused on going limp with sparks when he opened his stupid mouth.

          Perhaps it was because of the way his strong arms were wrapped tightly and securely around my petite frame, daring me to try and wriggle out of his death grip. Or the way he left my mouth full of spit and desire.

          Touching Talon was like realising that all the other boys I've ever been in close contact with were clearly doing it wrong. Because they didn't know how to make my heart beat accelerate dangerously or how to make me stumble at a loss for words.

          Touching him was like realising that a strong drug had obviously been slipped into my coffee because there was no way in hell that I'd be having these thoughts if I was well and truly myself.

          Again, I was choosing to trek down the path of denial which seemed to be looking more and more appealing by the minute.

          Talon cleared his throat, snapping me back down to reality. "I'm guessing you're trying to figure out why your mind and body are arguing about how to feel about all of this."