16: No Poison a Day Keeps the Doctor Away

-Days to more days to a week -
....
Each day Steven was assured Spinel was alright. That maybe the "flu" was worse than they thought but she'll be ok. That she'll get better in a day or 2. But A day turned to 2 and 2 turned to a week. And a week turned into 2 weeks, and 2 weeks turned into 3. No progress at all. She only got worse by the second, by the day, by the week. Yet she kept ignoring everything Cobbledick was telling her:

"Go to the damn doctor."

"Dude literally go get a checkup or some shit."

"You're knocked up, get over it."

"Ew, why do you look so fucking dead?"

"Get your ass to the damn DOCTOR, BITCH!!!"

"Alright...Alright...the longer you wait to go to the doc, the more pathetic and scarier you look. And it's freaking me out how scary you look."

Even Volley's been suggesting it. But she kept saying she was fine, no matter how much of a lie it was. It only got worse, no better in it. At one point Cobbledick was close to calling 911 since her human slave was so ignorant. Trust, you wouldn't wanna be Cobble at that moment.

During school Spinel was all he ever thought about. All day, all night. Even when keeping up with Volley, he thought he was overreacting. She'd usually say that it'll get better eventually. Yet Steven started to wonder when eventually was. It hasn't happened yet. So when? Was it even gonna happen at all? Eventually was taking it's sweet ass time, and eventually ought as well be another word for never. Never seems to be taking the cake here.

Actually why the fuck does 'eventually' exist?

All these thoughts go through the teen's mind as he checked his phone for any reply from his girlfriend, which was a definite hell no. Since the message he had sent her 3 weeks ago, she still hadn't replied yet. He already concluded it wasn't gonna happen and he's gonna have to check on her, no matter what Volley says. It was almost midnight by now so he's have to wait until tomorrow, which was of course going to be harder than an erection in a snowstorm since he knew the night would take it's sweetass time going by. Man, the night is such an asshole. Someone should tell the night to speed it's ass up! My pet snail's getting away.

"Come on Spinny please tell me you're not too sick yet...I can't stand not seeing you for 3 whole weeks." He muttered to himself, thinking of her. "It's not helping that you told me you were sick beforehand. "

He felt something jump on the bed beside him: Cat Steven. She had been helpful with the situation, having keeping in contact with Cobbledick. She had told him (in her own cat language) how spinel was doing and reassured him she looked dead but wasn't dead at all. Though at one point she said Spinel was just about, which only made it worse. "Hey, are ya alright, human slave?"

"I don't even know anymore, CS," Steven replied tiredly, looking at his cookie cat clock. 1:27 a.m. He almost couldn't believe he'd been thinking about Spinel for that long. He was surprised he didn't have a headache yet. "Anything new from Cobble?"

The feline curled up beside him and yawned. "Yeah. And it's not any good news either," she meowed. "Well, there is some good news, but not much.''

"Gimme the good news first."

"Good news is she's not throwing up her food as much anymore."

"That's good! And the bad news...?"

"Now she's not eating at all and throwing up some blood. Other than that she's the same as before. Well, other than she's getting fat as shit though."