23: The Light of Midnight

-Meanwhile after Steven finds Spinel in pain on the floor-
'No no no no no....' Steven found himself in a panic after seeing the painful and horrific sight of his crying girlfriend on the dead floor. 'Fuck Steven...that was probably Spinel touching you in your sleep...and you fucking tried to kill her! If she dies it's gonna be all your fault you fucking dumbass...'

"I-is she alright?!" Steven asked frantically, in hopes he didn't injure her to the point she was closer to death than she was before. "Please tell me she's alright..." Peridot looked at him with a horrified look and shrugged, indicating she had no clue how Spinel was. Though the best bet was Steven fucked her up and now is responsible for both the twins and Spinel's murder. Steven Universe, how could you?! Oh well, you're fucked, have fun with your new boyfriend in prison you filfthy sack of flesh.

The tears didn't seem to have an end for Spinel's insides wer aching and burning like she was in the millionth level of Hell, and what hurt most of all was her pregnant stomache. The thing she was carrying 2 devloping children in. Hell, their cords probably detached during that. The girl tried to catch the breath that was knocked from her chest and held on to her stomache for dear life, hoping her children were ok. Peridot grabbed an emergency kit and started checking her pulse and looking for bruises, which she indeed had. One on her thigh, one on her back, and the biggest on her stomache.

"Take deep breaths Spinel, try to get your breathing back at a good pace," Peridot instructed as she went to get her mother. Lapis put a cool towel over Spinel's burning head. Funny considering the poison made her as cold as Antartica before Steven tried to kill her. Speaking of this child murderer, he was trying to hold back tears thinking about what he had done.

"I'm so sorry...I-I didn't mean to Spinel! I didn't! Please just-" His pleading was interupted by his teary girlfriend giving him a painful smile and wiping his ongoing tears.

"I know you'd never do this on p-purpose, Steven...Th-there's no need to apologize...It's alright..." She said with a voice crack. But that didn't make him feel any better.

"No! It's not alright! I hurt you, I hurt our kids, I...I'm just as bad as the person who poisoned you. Now I'm only making you hurt worse! I probably killed the twins for all we know!!!" He was a mess. But Spinel didn't see a monster in him. Not in her Steven. She knew it was all an accident, and she hated seeing him blaming himself for a little accident. She was in pain sure, but it pained her more to see him the way she did.

She put his hand in hers, maintaining her breathing still. "Steven..." she said quietly yet lovingly. "Stop blaming yourself. It was also my fault anyways. I was the one putting my hand on you, and I'm sure I scared you. I'll be fine...I promise..."

"If you aren't Ill never forgive myself..."

Suddenly, Spinel flinched as she clenched onto her stomache once again as if she was falling from t he edge of a cliff. Steven looked at her in worry. "Spinel?! Spinel, whats wrong?!"

"...Steven..." He turned after hearing Bismuth's soft, panicky voice from beside him. She was looking down at Spinel's leg, and sure enough, Spinel's crimson blood started rolling down like a waterfall of death. His eyes widened at the sight, and he knew this wasn't supposed to happen! Did this mean something happened to the twins? Would they look like the way they did in the dream, bruised and beaten? Was Spinel...dying? Was it game over for them? Steven couldn't even speak or move from what he was seeing. None of them could help her, but surely Peridot called 911.

"Oh my god..." Spinel whimpered from the sight of her own blood. Feeling weak, her breathing slowed and her eyelids shut slowly.

She had passed out.