18: Heartbreaking Phonecall

-Meanwhile-
.......................
Steven ended up staying the night at Spinel's place. For one, he did say he wasn't going to leave her side. PLus she really didn't wanna be left alone, afraid she was gonna die in her sleep and it would be over. Spinel was a bigger mess than ever and she knew it. Steven couldn't make her less poisoned but he was all she had. Yellow really didn't seem that happy about her being pregnant. Blue is probably crying in another room and White is most likely trying to pretend everything is alright. And her mother...she wished Pink was here. Here to comfort her in this time of need...here to hug her..here to tell her she loved her.

But no.

Pink left her in the garden and was never coming back. Even today she wonders why she did it. Who she left to, why she left, where she was leaving to, even if she was alive now. If Spinel knew her number, she was sure Pink wouldn't answer. It was pretty obvious by now. If there was a chance she would pick up and actually talk to her...would she finally say why she left? Perhaps why she didn't simply just put Spinel up for adoption instead of that misery. Which made her think...maybe Pink knew where Steven's mom was.

It only made since, really. Both had disappeared around the same time so they must've planned something to leave their kids behind. Perhaps Amethyst knew, since she was Steven's older sister and all. But if she didn't...there was always that possibility.

Maybe their problems is what brought Steven and Spinel together in the first place. She had a drug and alcohol addiction, then he had troubles with Connie. Then he admitted he was motherless as well, the only difference between them is that he wasn't pregnant and was gonna be able to see 12th grade graduation.

'Why are you here with me, Steven? Why are you just wasting your precious seconds with me...when you could be enjoying life, getting a better girlfriend, and not have to go through this...' Spinel thought sadly as she cuddled against her sleeping lover. 'I don't want you here....I don't...I just wanna die already...and if this baby is born just put it up for adoption and throw my dead body somewhere...' She hated seeing him here for some reason. Just seeing Steven with her, while he knows she won't last at all, and to be honest they kinda haven't even been in a relationship that long. Since the prom, it'll be around 3 months or so. He shouldn't be with her right now. Especially since she was going to die soon, she didn't need him to be bothered with a kid everyday. That's if it even lives. A part of her thinks she ought as well end herself beforehand...

That's it.

That's all she needed to do.

Instead of putting Steven through this, putting herself through all this agony, putting everyone through this....

"I love you Steven...." She said quietly, almost inaudible. She kissed him on the forehead gently and carefully got out of bed. Cobbledick was no where to be seen, which was good. She didn't need Cobble to catch her.

Spinel opened the door quietly and went down the stairs, each step quiet and silent. The more she thought about how happy everything would be without her, the more suicidal she was. When she reached the last step, she went into the kitchen. The knives were displayed in the holder, in all shapes and sizes for all different uses. Wether it was for cutting hard food or just for chopping, it was there. She needed something that was enough to cut through her skin to where enough blood could pour and end her. A sharp one.

Spinel inspected the knives, trying to decide which was the most dangerous for her. But then again all of them seemed qualified...then, she did the only thing that probably would determine what knife could make everything better. She took 3 of them, the top 3 that looked sharpest and harmful. Then she went back into her room and into the bathroom, closing the door behind her. Then she sat down against the sink. She took the first one: Small, but sharp. Looked brand new with a few sharp rigged edges.