20: Just the 2 of Us

-Couple days later-
(Just the 2 of us, we can make it if we try~
-Bill Withers and Grover Washington Jr)
.........................................................................
*bzzt~ bzzt~ bzzt~*

Ah yes, Wednesday. The hump of the week. The day of humping. Such a wonderful day of humping. Well not such a wonderful day if you have to wake up at 6 am just to go see a doctor (we've all been there....) and only be there for 10 minutes. You could all get your rest for hump day and hump all the things and people you want, but instead society wants everyone to go through trouble to see someone in a white jacket. Today's unlucky person is no other than our beloved Spinel herself, and we already know the reason why.

Spinel hopelessly tried to put it on snooze, considering her face was still buried in the pillow with Cobbledick beside her resting happily.

*bzzt~bzzt~*

"Oh my fucking...." *SMACK!* "Thank you..." After she smacked her phone off the dresser and across the room, she sighed in relief thinking she can avoid the doctor's appointment for a few more minutes. But that was until she heard it buzzing once again. "Dammit..." she groaned as she sat up and rubbed her eyes, throwing a stuffed animal at her phone. "I'm kicking Waxed Testices right in her testices when I see her today..."

Cobbledick stretched and yawned beside her. 'Well good luck with that.'

Rolling her eyes at the pink feline, she got up and picked up her phone and cut it off. Then she slammed it onto the dresser and got back in bed, hoping Steven or Volley would forget about the whole thing and she'd be able to rest her aching body. By the time she got comfy again, it was already ruined by Blue's gentle voice from the other side. "Spinel, dear, you didn't forget your appointment did you?" She asked as she knocked gently. "Steven's supposed to be here in a few minutes."

Oh bend me over and put a spatula in my ass then, why don'cha?

"Ok..ok...geez..."

"Are you alright?"

"...Yes aunt Blue. I'm definitely not pregnant and poison is definitely not killing me inside. My head doesn't hurt like hell, my cat hasn't been a bitch to me since I got her, I'm so happy I'm missing 7 hours of sleep because of a doctor, and I'm VERY happy that this kid is moving inside of me like their in the fucking olympics. So yeah, I'm just swell....!!" She said sarcastically as she looked for long sleeved shirts from her dresser.

"Sarcasm noted..." Blue sighed. "Spinel,you  know that we're not just giving you pity right? We're not just asking how you're feeling or if you're ok just because of your current state or that we feel pity for you. We actually care about you and we're concerned for you. You, the little one, and Steven. If you need help with anything, let us know, and we'll be there to help you, both verbally and physically."

That's....actually the nicest thing that anyone has said to me during all of this... Spinel sighed, wanting to cry both from a moodswing and from her aunts kind words. She shakily wept a coming tear from her eye as she pulled out a bright pink sweater with a black glittery heart on the chest area. "Y-yeah...thank you..."

"And Spinel, when you come out, I'd like to talk to you about something, if thats alright with you." She asked, ready to leave.

"Ok...Ill be out in a minute."

When Blue left, Spinel took out a pair of jeans and sat on the bed. Throwing her shirt to the ground, she observed the bandages on her arms and chest. Even now she wished they could've done their job and if Steven didn't walk in on her. But a part of her...took Steven's words to her achey breaky heart. How heartbroken he was to see her the way he did...and how she always told herself she wouldn't hurt Steven in any way before that situation. And yet she did it in the worst way possible. Maybe he was right...