||Chapter Five||

The next morning

You wake up, and the boys are still asleep, so you head to the bathroom. Then you realize that you forgot your toothbrush. You walk back to the living room, and see Gerard's mom waking the boys up. "Hey.." You say shyly.
"Yeah?" She replies.
"I forgot my toothbrush..is there some way I could contact my mom to ask her to bring it?." you say. You feel so dumb, but you can't not brush your teeth.
"Gerard?" Gerard's mom asks him. He stretched. "Yeah?" He said sleepily.
"Can Y/N borrow your phone to text her mom?" She asks.
"Yeah.." he says, yawning. He gets up and hands it to you before heading to the bathroom. His phone didn't have a lock, so you went right in, and tapped the text icon. Before you go to put in your mom's phone number, a text comes through.
'How 's chemo going?' It says.
Chemo? You think, Gerard has cancer?
You quickly text your mom, trying to forget about the text you just saw. Gerard comes out dressed, and you hand him his phone.
"You got a text.." you say, trying to hold back from crying.
He checks the phone and sighs. "You saw it?" He asks.
You nod.
He starts crying. You hug him, and you start crying.
"It's so hard.." he says.
"I'm so sorry.." you say. There is a knock at the door. You both stop hugging, and dry your eyes. He walks to the door. "Hi." He says.
"Hey, I brought Y/N's toothbrush." Says your mom.
"Okay, I'll give it to her." He says.
After a while, your mom leaves and he closes the door. He comes over and hands you your toothbrush. You pat him on the back. He smiles. You head to the bathroom and brush your teeth and change, thinking about poor Gerard. He has cancer, you think sadly.