||Chapter Ten||

Time skip to night

That night, Gerard decided to sleep on his own bed, instead of the couch, and asked if you wanted to sleep with him. You smiled. "Sure." You Said.
You helped Gerard up he stairs and to his bedroom, where he plopped himself into the bed, sighing. You plopped down next to him.
"Tired?" He asks.
You yawn. "Yep." You say.
He crawls up the bed and lays his head on his pillow. You crawl beside him and lay down. He kisses you softly on the lips, then lays on his other side and falls asleep.
You yawn. All night you toss and turn, and when you do fall asleep, you have nightmares.

**Morning**

When the sun comes through the window, you decide to go make coffee while Gerard is sleeping. You head downstairs and start the coffee pot, and you notice the boys waking up. "Morning." You say. Ray yawns.
"Morning" Mikey says.
The three of them get up and crowd around the kitchen. Soon, Gerard comes down.
"Coffee?" You ask. He smiled.
He grabbed a mug from the cupboard set it in front of you.
"Please?" He asked, smiling.
You pour him a cup. He downs it quickly. You smile. He's like a kid, you think.
He walks over to the sink and looks out the window while you pour the boys some coffee. You go and stand next to him.
"Whatcha doing?" You ask playfully.
He sighs. "Enjoying some of the last moments of summer. And my life." He says.
You kiss him on the cheek. He smiles. Even though he was in so much pain, he was always happy.