||Chapter Six||

Time skip to lunch
At lunch, you didn't look for Gerard in the cafeteria. You didn't want to sit with him. You couldn't. If you sat with him, you would probably think of how he is probably going to die soon. And you would lose it right then and there, and all of the kids would see you cry. You sat down at a table at the other side of the cafeteria. You didn't feel like eating, so you threw your food away and sat back down. You happened to glance over at Gerard's table, and he smiled a bit and waved. That's it, you thought. Tears started streaming down your face, and you ran to the bathroom and closed yourself in a stall. Thankfully no one was in there to hear you. You cried. "Why the fuck does cancer exist?" You mumbled. You heard the bathroom door open and close, then saw a pair of converse outside of your stall. You rubbed your eyes and opened the door. It was Gerard. "What the heck are you doing in the girl's bathroom?" You ask. He hugs you. Here it goes again, you think, as you start to sob on his shoulder.
After you calm down, you break from his embrace. "How long do you have?" You ask hesitantly. He frowns.
"Five months." He said. "And that's if the chemo works."
You hug him again.
"I will stay with you for as long as you live, because I fucking love you." You say. You can feel him blush.
You pull away to look at him. He was blushing.
He smiled.
"Thank you.." he said. "I Uh...fucking...love you too."