||Chapter Nine||

Two months seem to pass quickly, and there is two more months until summer break is over. And two more months left in Gerard's life. You spent most of the previous two months staying at Gerard's house, and taking care of him and Mikey, while their mom worked extra jobs to pay off the chemo bills. You asked your parents if you would be able to stay at Gerard's for his last two months, and they let you, as long as you visit. Anyway, you are in the same town, so visiting them wouldn't be that hard. You show up at Gerard's again, and frank answers the door. Gerard was laying on the couch, watching a movie. "Hey.." Gerard said, his voice a bit scratchy.
"Hey." You say back, sitting beside him and kissing him.
"Oooohhhhh" Ray, Mikey and Frank all said at the same time.
Gerard laughed awkwardly and scratched the back on his neck. You couldn't believe how skinny he had gotten. You saw him so much, but every time you saw him he seemed to get worse, losing more hair, and more weight, and more color.
"Whatcha watchin'?" You ask.
"The Crow." Says Frank.
"Yep.." Said Gerard.
You sat and watched the movie together, Gerard occasionally nodding off. Mid movie he gets up and runs to the bathroom, and throws up before he can make it to the toilet. You jump up and rush to the bathroom. "Don't worry." You say. "I'll clean it up."
"Damn chemo." He says. Frank comes in and helps Gerard back to the couch. You grab a few towels from the closet and wipe up his vomit. You didn't mind, cause you had been doing this quite a bit since Gerard and Mikey's mom asked if you could help out around the house. Their mom worked so much, and would barely get to see her dying son. You had to help her. You had to help Gerard. You had to help Mikey. Mikey was going through so much too. You could tell every time you saw him. He was always so sad. It was hard to get him to laugh anymore. You finished cleaning up, and took the towels into the laundry room, and started a load. You went back to the living room and sat next to Gerard. He sighed. "Thank you Y/N.." he said. "I'm sorry.."
"There's no need to be sorry." You say. "You can't help it."
You run your had through his hair. Or what's left of it. He sighs again. "Two months." He says quietly. You hug him. "I'm going to try and make these last two months special for you." You say. "I get to stay here with you."