||Chapter One||

It was the day of the school dance, and all of your friends were going with their boyfriends. School was over for the day, and you and your best friend decided to walk home, since she is your neighbor. "So, Y/N, who is going with you to the dance?" Asked your friend. "Well," You say, kicking the air as you walk. "Nobody."
"WHAT??" She screams.
"Well, I just thought I'd go by myself.." You say.
"Wait! What about that new boy?" Asks your friend.
"You mean the emo one? He probably doesn't like me.." you say.
"He smiled at you, didn't he?" Says your friend.
"Yeah.." You say, thinking about how cute he is. You quickly snap out of it. "It was just a smile.."
You're friend smirks. "You love him, don't you?" She asks teasingly.
"No.." you say.
"Whatever..he is pretty cute though.." she says.

Time skip to the dance

You wore a long black dress and black boots to the dance, and when you got there, everyone had someone to dance with. You groan and sit down. The music was annoying anyway, so you grab a coffee from the vending machine. "Hi.." says a shy voice.
"Um hi." You say.
"I noticed that you don't have anyone to dance with, and neither do I..So do you wanna?" He says motioning to the dance floor. "I even requested a good song." You smile, he was pretty cute All dressed up in his black suit and red tie. you stand up. "My name is Y/N." You say.
"I'm Gerard" he says, taking your hand and leading you out to the dance floor.
In a bit, Good Riddance by Green Day plays, and most people leave the dance floor. "I love this song!" You exclaim. You and Gerard danced to it, even though most everyone was leaving the dance floor and talking about you. After the song, you realize that you really have to use the bathroom from all of that coffee. "Excuse me.." you say, and head to the bathroom. While you are washing your hands, you hear gasping and yelling, and you quickly run out. Gerard was laying on the floor, unconscious. You run over to him. "Gerard! Wake up!" You say. He stirs a bit, then opens his eyes. "Hey Y/N.." he says. "Did I pass out?"
"I think so..but shit, you scared me." You say, helping him up. He's so shaky and pale. "What's wrong?" You ask.
"Oh..nothing." He says.
You help him over to a chair and he sits down. "I'll get you some water" you say. You head to the vending machine and buy a bottle of water, then bring it to him.
He sips it slowly.
"You're shaking so much.." you say quietly.
"I'm okay now.." he says.
"Do you need me to walk you home?" You ask.
He nods. "If you don't mind.." he says.