01: We can't change what's done, we can only move on.

a/n: This is just the introductory scene so don't worry - the flirting will intensify and they will get to meet in person within the next couple of chapters I promise!!

I want to note that even though Wynonna is a supernatural detective, she isn't a demon hunter. This is still an AU, I just can't imagine Wynonna not being a badass supernatural hunter haha - the curse isn't a thing though, it's just a similar situation other than that.

This is also my first fanfic I've written haha so please be gentle, but obviously I'm happy for you to leave constructive feedback!

If you like this please leave a comment with ideas or feedback and if you want to message me personally hmu at my instagram @waverly_angel_earp I'd love to chat <3.

----------------------------------------

in this chapter...

Nicole is having a bad day, but then gets an unexpected message which turns her day around. Waverly finds herself drawn to a mysterious online stranger.

----------------------------------------

"Fuck off you fucking dickhead." Nicole huffed breathlessly, throwing her control onto the other couch. "Men," she growled. This was the third time today someone had destroyed her shipment and she wasn't the most patient, even on a good day. Just as she'd managed to get rid of the guy who'd been pestering her all day, a new guy had appeared out of nowhere. The redhead rose from the couch, making her way to the kitchen for her 5th coffee today when she noticed a message pop up on the screen.

"Sorry, I genuinely didn't mean to do that, I'm not really very good at this! I'm really sorry!"

Usually, Nicole would just ignore messages, but this one made her laugh a little, it wasn't very often you got an apology. Usually, the 16 year old boys knew exactly what they were doing and were loving every second of destroying someone else's fun. Quickly, she typed a reply 'no worries :)' - not wanting anyone to feel bad over an accident, especially after they reached out. Finishing making her coffee, Nicole sat back on the couch, surprised to see another message from the same guy as earlier.

"Do u think you could help me learn what I'm doing?" As she read the response, a laugh escaped her lips again - this guy really was something. Mostly, Nicole didn't really play online with others, especially not on microphone. As soon as guys saw a female avatar they just wanted to know if she really was a girl or not, but she wasn't having much luck on her own today, and plus the guy seemed innocent enough. It could be a laugh.

"Sure, why not?" Nicole replied quickly, inviting the account to a party chat, noticing the name 'Bacon_Doughnuts' she smirked some more - how old was this kid?

Once connected, Nicole could hear an upbeat pop song coming through the mic. Smiling, she boldly asked "is that Ariana Grande?" She stifled a laugh, wondering if the kid knew she could hear it.

"Yeah! Oh sorry, should I turn it off?" Came a high pitched woman's voice from the end of the line. Nicole stopped in shock, of all the things she was expecting she wasn't expecting a woman - or a girl? The high pitched nature of her voice, and its obvious shakiness from nerves, made it hard to determine her age. She silently cursed herself for asumming that it must be a guy, but then again she did have a male avatar.

"Hey! No it's fine!" Nicole reassured with a smile, knowing full well the girl couldnt see it, it was more for herself. "How old are you... bacon doughnut?" Nicole teased, hoping she wasn't about to teach a minor how to play such a violent and sexual video game.