15: 15: Listen... you gotta run and don't look back. This is over.

a.n: This chapter should more accurately be titled: Nicole makes a series of stupid decisions and Waverly lets her.

ALSO the Homecon 2 lineup just got announced - so excited I'm hopefully going to get a 1-1 with Emily! Anyone else going to get a one on one? I'm still hoping they'll announce Mel and maybe Dom!

------------------------------------

in this chapter...

Nicole and Waverly can't avoid having an important conversation any longer.
Nicole returns to Toronto - will she leave broken hearted or with plans to return?
Wynonna tries to be a good older sister.

------------------------------------

"Morning Waves."

"Morning gorgeous." Waverly lifted her head from where she'd been asleep on Nicole's chest. They'd fallen asleep spooning, but somehow now Nicole was flat on her back with one arm behind her head and one around Waverly's waist, holding her close. The look in her eyes and repositioning of the sleeping arrangement alerted Waverly to the fact that Nicole had been awake for a while. Kissing her quickly to avoid morning breath, she decided to ask why.

"How long have you been awake?" She ran her fingers down between Nicole's breasts, tracing circles as she looked into her girlfriend's eyes.

"I'm not sure, an hour or so?" Nicole shrugged as they both looked to the clock which said 8am.

"Why so early?" Waverly pouted a little.

"Habit I guess." Nicole shrugged. "Gotta get up early for work." She mumbled the words.

"You've been fine the rest of the week?" Waverly softened her tone, trying to encourage Nicole to open up, but she didn't show any signs of budging.

"I don't know then, just couldn't really sleep."

"Why are you hiding it?" Waverly furrowed her brows.

"I'm not, why does it matter?" Nicole snapped back and her girlfriend just shook her head.

"It doesn't, I didn't mean it like that. I just wanted to help is all." Waverly shuffled, looking away from Nicole's gaze and settling into her chest again as careful fingers started to stroke her hair.

"I know, I'm sorry I snapped. I just don't want to talk about it, it would ruin the rest of the time we had left." She bit her lip which Waverly looked up just in time to catch. Hastily, the brunette sat up and cupped Nicole's cheek.

"Or you could tell me and it might make the time better, because you won't be worrying about it?" She offered in reply.

"I don't know if I really want to talk about it. I need to figure things out first." Nicole stated blankly and Waverly sat back, squinting her eyes.

"Is it about us?" The words tumbled from her mouth in disbelief. After how perfect yesterday had been, she couldn't possibly see what the issue was.

"I guess." Nicole mumbled, looking away.

"Nicole, please tell me what you're thinking. I want to help and you're kind of freaking me out right now." Waverly swallowed hard, trying to remain calm through her panic.

"It's nothing you can really help with." She tipped her head back in frustration with herself and her overactive brain. "Yesterday was so perfect, so beyond anything I imagined and we got back and we were just laying here and I saw an email from work and I kind of freaked out I guess." Nicole couldn't help the redness in her face now; she'd never admitted anything so personal to anyone. Through all of their conversations, they'd never really spoken about their family or personal issues, but she'd been okay with that, because it was the one thing she couldn't deal with. It was way easier to just push it away and let it fester for another time.