04: I never thought I'd say this, but it's good to see you.

a/n: So I know this is the much anticipated chapter and I hope it lived up to everyone's expectations.

I want to note that I'm not saying physical appearance is important at all, in fact this story is an indication of the opposite of that, but I do think you need to be physically attracted to someone, so they already have the intimate connection, this is a lot of them admiring each other's appearance.

I hope it was everything you wanted, I felt the pressure a little bit here, I'm trying to make it realistic and I don't think they would have just made out straight away haha, but feel free to leave feedback below on improvements or future suggestions.

-------------------------------------

The 3 hour drive from Purgatory to Edmonton felt like a lifetime to Waverly who's skin was tingling with the rare sensation of warm blood against the cold sweat which had gradually formed on her skin. Never in her life had she experienced such nerves, goosebumps covered her arms and the butterflies in her stomach crashed into each other and she felt a little sick in anticipation. Over and over again, she rehearsed in her head what she would say to Nicole when they met, all situations were prepared for, all avenues explored, all outcomes expected, but it had done nothing to cool the fiery flush which was creeping up her cheeks in anticipation. She'd spent the last hour wondering if all of this was a mistake, what if Nicole wasn't who she thought she was, or if she didn't fancy her - in that way - or if Nicole didn't like her in person, was she even good enough? She'd spent so long imagining how amazing Nicole was and how perfect it would be when they could finally be together that she hadn't even taken the time to consider that Nicole might not like her back. The hum of the axels in her old red jeep (which was in surprisingly good condition because Waverly took great care and pride in it) brought her comfort back home on the dusty Purgatory roads, but here reminded her how out of place she was in the big city. Was Nicole a city kid? What if she didn't like Waverly's nerdy, bohemian look, should she have worn something more trendy? She bit her lip as she began to imagine all of the things which Nicole might not like about her or might not have been expecting. There was nothing she could imagine not liking about Nicole; she was already so in awe of her personality that nothing could ruin the passion she felt for the older girl, but she had no way of knowing if the feeling was mutual. The last half an hour of the drive was the slowest part, Waverly tapped her fingers on the steering wheel, counting her breaths, trying to calm herself down but rather just drawing attention to how rapid they were. Both girls had agreed to meet at 1pm because Waverly had to drive the three hours which already meant getting up at 6am so she could meet Jeremy and Robin first; Nicole had arrived via a flight the night before, as the drive from Toronto to Edmonton was 40 hours, so had spent the morning exploring the convention centre alone.

Pulling into a parking space round the back of the Edmonton Convention Centre, Waverly pulled out her phone from her purse, trying not to drop it as her hands were visibly shaking at this point, and opened the 'PurGAYtory' group chat, smiling softly at their silly group chat name. "Breathe." She whispered under her breath. "You've still got a few hours until you meet her, relax and spend time with your friends first." She muttered, leaning her head back and exhaling sharply.

"Hey guys I'm here." She quickly messaged.

"Great timing! We're at the coffee stand, come and find us! :)" Jeremy replied almost instantly - the boy was never off his phone, much to Waverly's joy, she really needed to see her best friend before she had a full blown panic attack from her own thoughts.

"On my way! :)" Waverly replied. Shoving her phone back in her purse and cutting the engine, she quickly fixed her hair in the mirror, applied a little more lipstick and exited the car making her way towards the entrance.