08: Our time has passed...

a/n: 

This was a hard chapter to write for a few reasons, but I think it paid off, I'm pretty happy with this one, so I hope you enjoy it and it was worth the wait <3

--------------------------------

in this chapter...

Waverly and Nicole's last day together - what does Nicole have planned for her girlfriend?

How will they ever manage to leave each other?

Is Wynonna the best sister ever?

--------------------------------

"Nicole what are we doing?" Waverly mumbled, not lifting her head from Nicole's chest where she was rested in bed.

In response she received a cocked eyebrow and Nicole's soft teasing voice. "What do you mean baby? Right now I'm relaxing with my stunning girlfriend, having breakfast in bed." She grinned, feeding Waverly another strawberry and kissing her nose.

Suddenly Waverly sat upright in bed, almost knocking the bowl of strawberries from Nicole's lap and catching the redhead off guard with her movement. The girls were now sitting opposite each other, Waverly cross legged, a frown lacing her brows and Nicole legs straight out, her hands and a selection of fruit resting in her lap.

"No I mean, what are we doing... together." Waverly paused, realising she still wasn't clear enough and getting exasperated now. "When I came here this weekend I expected it to be fun and exciting, but I didn't expect to become this... attached to you." The brunette worried her lip nervously, shifting uncomfortably in the sheets. "We have to leave and go home, how are we meant to see each other?" She didn't know what she expected Nicole to do about it, but it was weighing on her mind and she couldn't keep it in anymore.

"Waves," Nicole breathed gently, her face softening as she moved the fruit to the bedside table and took the younger girl's hands in her's, stopping the fidgeting. "I don't have all of the answers to that, but what I do know with complete certainly is that I want to be with you. I asked you to be my girlfriend because in the short time I've known you I already can't imagine not having you in my life." Swiftly she kissed Waverly's forehead before looking deep in her eyes giving her a reassuring smile. "We will figure out the distance, there are things we can do until we figure it out, but for now." Pulling her into a more passionate kiss now, desperate to not let this ruin the weekend. "We're both well aware that we only have today, so let's just try and pretend for the next few hours that we don't have to leave and go to opposite sides of the country this afternoon." Nicole pleaded with puppy dog eyes at her girlfriend who was overwhelmed at how sentimental and caring the response was. Nicole always knew the right thing to say.

Knowing no words would quite capture the response Waverly wanted to give, she wrapped her hand around Nicole's neck pulling her on top of her and intensifying the kiss, getting a moan from the older girl. Quickly pulling back Waverly breathed heavily, whispering "deal," before continuing the kiss, slipping her tongue into Nicole's mouth.

"Three times in two days, not bad Earp." Nicole winked, pulling back from her girlfriend.

"Shut up and kiss me." Waverly growled back, getting a laugh from Nicole who couldn't quite believe that Waverly had gone from the shy virginial girl who she had been in bed with two days ago, to the confident, horny woman beneath her now. But she definitely wasn't complaining as their hands wandered all over each other and the breathing intensified.

--------------------------------

Flat on her back, Waverly lay on the soft, musky smelling white bedsheets with one arm folded over her stomach and the other out wide to her side. Warmth from the morning sunlight which flowed in from the windows warmed every inch of her body relaxing her muscles and curving her mouth into a smile as she watched her girlfriend through the open bathroom door brushing her teeth lazily and carelessly. The weather this weekend had been surprisingly warm and dry for late March / early April and Waverly couldn't help but feel it was another one of those signs from the universe that everything that had happened had been fate - call it pathetic fallacy or whatever. Her eyes scanned over Nicole's figure, her dark blue denims, her oversized cable knit sweater which Waverly knew felt soft and cosy and her same converse she had worn on their first meeting. She watched Nicole's careful fingers flick the tap on and rinse out her mouth, her jawline soft but prominent and her forearms exposed and muscular as she rolled up her sleeves to avoid them getting wet. For the first time in what felt like years Waverly felt content. Lying in a posh hotel room which she had treated herself too, her legs dangling over the edge, body massaged by the sun, lips still tasting of fresh fruit and tea, watching her gorgeous, caring girlfriend just living her life, Waverly felt content. Maybe she even felt more than content, she felt safe, warm for more reasons than just the sun. She felt loved and in love at the same time, she felt happy, even if she was scared to admit it, right now she knew deep down she was the happiest she had been in a long time. Nicole's shadow distracted her from her little bubble as she walked softly towards her.